advertisement

Wireless speaker for Kitchen

PerF

Scandinavian Member
A friend is looking for either a Sonos Play or KEF Muo to the Kitchen

He will be using a smartphone only to play music and radio speech

Would there be other portable options to look for within budget of say £200-250?
(Perhaps Bose ?)
I know the market is full but hard to advise, Reliability and no boom is important.

Sonos. Pointless looking elsewhere, they work, sound good, have technical back up & can be linked to other speakers. I can move from dining room to living room & play music seemlessly between the two. The Sonos amp is also a good option.for a hifi set up.

Audio Pro offerings are fantastic (C5, C10 etc), much nicer sound quality than Sonos, plus have BT and Airplay connectivity.

If one cant afford a Naim Muso, then Audio Pro is the next best.

Thanks

Sonos seem to be a safe solution

Audiopro seem to have some reliability .issues if reviews are to be trusted

Never heard about the Bluesound

Will look further into options

Mu-So Qb was definately on my recommendation list but outside budget.

Only source will be the phone

Sonos. Pointless looking elsewhere, they work, sound good, have technical back up & can be linked to other speakers. I can move from dining room to living room & play music seemlessly between the two. The Sonos amp is also a good option.for a hifi set up.

Indeed, I have become a heavy Sonos user since adding a Sonos Amp in my living room. I have had a Play 3 in my kitchen for the last couple years that I used daily for primarily radio. The Sonos Amp has become my primary music system for listening to vinyl and since adding it I’ve found myself enjoying and exploring Spotify significantly more than ever.

When sitting in the kitchen I can group the kitchen speaker with the living room setup and balance the sound coming from each setup so it sounds real nice. There is a master volume that I can then use if I want to vary the volume from there.

I’m thinking of adding another Sonos amp to my 3 season porch as I’ll be soon be using that system much more and I’m getting spoiled with the Sonos app and like having the LR and porch system playing at the same time.

Audiopro seem to have some reliability .issues if reviews are to be trusted

A friend went through 3 AudioPro units. He got fed up in the end and sold the last new replacement cheap.
If you selected that item, I would buy from somewhere with a decent warranty.

Audiopro had one for years never missed a beat and sound quality better than sonos etc

Audiopro had one for years never missed a beat and sound quality better than sonos etc

Yeah I still have the original Audio Pro Allroom One, literally a Hifi in the box. Im intending to put C5's and c10's in all rooms soon. I would prefer Muso QB's to go with my main Muso, but just too expensive for the job...but man they just always 'work'.

Sonos is just a really good and reliable multiroom speaker, Audio Pro is closer to Hifi sound multiroom speaker imo.

A friend went through 3 AudioPro units. He got fed up in the end and sold the last new replacement cheap.
If you selected that item, I would buy from somewhere with a decent warranty.

Which one's was he using? I'd be interested as looking to invest soon.

I'm pretty sure it was the C5.

This one
https://www.whathifi.com/audio-pro/addon-c5/review

The sound was pretty good, and I think any variations on quality could be compensated for by a decent warranty.

I do wonder how many get used in quite a harsh environment too.

Interesting, those where the ones I was going to use. I might get one off a retailer with a 60 day returns policy and see how reliable it can be before committing.

A friend is looking for either a Sonos Play or KEF Muo to the Kitchen

He will be using a smartphone only to play music and radio speech

Would there be other portable options to look for within budget of say £200-250?
(Perhaps Bose ?)
I know the market is full but hard to advise, Reliability and no boom is important.
I went through a whole host of these back in the summer, some costing silly money, I finally settled on the UE Boom 2 - don't let the title put you off, zero boom, superb system, tight, grippy & plays music with infectious involvement. There is nothing better for a kitchen or garden setup.
Reliability is high, never missed a beat here & can be sunk in mud, washed off & works perfectly being waterproof.

Sonos or Bluesound.
Heard the audio pro stuff, sounded bloomin awful. Really can’t see why they get praise in the what Hifi etc press.
Plus the Sonos app is way better to use than the KEF or frankly any of the others.

If you use spotify as well you can control the Sonos through the spotify app which is much better than the sonos one.

+1 for Sonos. I use Sonos in my bedroom, gym,garage and outside by my pool- bullet proof as long as you have a great wifi strength.
Good luck with your decision!

I went through a whole host of these back in the summer, some costing silly money, I finally settled on the UE Boom 2 - don't let the title put you off, zero boom, superb system, tight, grippy & plays music with infectious involvement. There is nothing better for a kitchen or garden setup.
Reliability is high, never missed a beat here & can be sunk in mud, washed off & works perfectly being waterproof.

Thanks Raga !

Now that sound interesting indeed.
Possible available on sale by a local store nearby.

In the past few months I’ve set up 5 Audio Pro C5s, a C3, and two Links in my house. The only issue I’ve had has been the app crashing on my ancient and weary iPhone 6 from time to time. Aside from that, I’m extremely happy with them - everything sounds fantastic, and it’s easy enough to use. I can’t imagine a C5 or C10 not fitting the bill well.

My wife uses her audio pro when she is personal training or taking s class so it’s abused by being thrown in boxes and in the car but works brilliantly. But don’t think you can go far wrong from any of the suggestions my second would be bluesound then sonos

advertisement

Back