advertisement

Do digital audio players sound different?

Keith you know fcuk all about my experiences or most peoples in fact, stop making yourself out to some sort of genius. All you ever do is post dumb ass views on topics.
Taking/making sound bites in order to help your sales pitch makes you look cheap.

Last edited:
Keith you know fcuk all about my experiences or most peoples in fact, stop making yourself out to some sort of genius. All you ever do is post dumb ass views on topics.
Taking/making sound bites in order to help your sales pitch makes you look cheap.

He's the cut and paste king....never has his own information, he just repeats someone else's. It's really odd behaviour.

(Disclaimer the Lord will come along and proof read this momentarily and probably remove it, I do enjoy being stalked, makes me feel important, starting the countdown now Richard..)

This is the first of Monty Montgomery’s videos, a digital ‘primer’, audio and video are both covered.

Keith

Ess make the dac chips right, this thread is about digital ‘transports’ the bit before the dac.
I am pretty sure Chris Montgomery knows what he is talking about, check out his CV.
Keith

Keith is your position that the Ess staff member and asic designer doesn't know about the audibility of the chip he worked on? Or is he just making a story to sell product?

He has to be wrong or a liar, which is it?

Keith is your position that the Ess staff member and asic designer doesn't know about the audibility of the chip he worked on? Or is he just making a story to sell product?

Doesn't comment #27 clarify his position a bit? The DACs can sound different but a functioning transport shouldn't? That's what I'm interpreting.

The thread is about the audability of digital transports, re the video sounds like mostly marketing, I would need to see the results of some unsighted testing, rather than the thoughts of the ‘audiophile guy ‘ which apparently every company has and who has the ultimate purchase sanction!
Keith

I have watched, I watched again and the year Mike Mallinson gave it at RMAF, it is about noise shaping and mostly why ESS’ chips are better than other manufacturers.
Nothing to do with the Archimago blind test.
Keith

If you can't understand why there's a correlations between the two presentations then you are missing (deliberately or unconsciously) the point.

The two video presentations? One a scientist who developed the Vorg Orbis codec and what is the other one a salesman?
The original post is Archimago’s blind comparison of four digital transports.
Keith

OK so you don't really know... perhaps you should do some research. The vids you posted are about the mathematics of programming within digital codecs and the algorithms used in multiplications and upsampling.

Maybe you should watch your own vids...

OK so you don't really know... perhaps you should do some research. The vids you posted are about the mathematics of programming within digital codecs and the algorithms used in multiplications and upsampling.

Maybe you should watch your own vids...
You do know the difference between the stream of digital data, and the DAC ( digital analogue converter) yes?
If you are not sure then both of Monty’s videos are really worth watching
Keith

advertisement

Back