advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russel it sounds like you should say to John you want the DEVDAC upgrade for your MDAC.

I have already said this project has suffered enough delays deviating from the script, it needs to get finished and I will make a decision based on the final cost.

The Detox is a standalone device that operates in the USB domain while the internal Detox Advanced decorrelation can also work in other domains within the DAC design - internal circuit domains that the external Detox does not have access too. Its not an issue of the Detox being a lessor design, but that the internal Detox can be more capable as its an integral part of the DAC hardware (we can expand the decorrelation to other circuit sections not just the USB interface).

Thank you, John. Understood. As of now I am still onboard and hope that your Asian trip is productive particularly with regard to CNC DETOX chassis.

I doubt the notion of anything perfect and for a dac I think it is particularly so, we have old legendary amp and turntable that still sound great but what is the fate about high end dacs? To say so I really hope John can be rational and get his great design materialized asap, a promise is a promise anyway, once broken you cannot blame the doubt on yet another.

I doubt the notion of anything perfect and for a dac I think it is particularly so, we have old legendary amp and turntable that still sound great but what is the fate about high end dacs? To say so I really hope John can be rational and get his great design materialized asap, a promise is a promise anyway, once broken you cannot blame the doubt on yet another.

Lapkwan,

You around in HK around April 10th to 20th? - be good to meet up for diner one evening and I can discuss "off the record' some of the undisclosed tech in the DAC :)

I'll also with me will be the owner of the company who will be working on the front panel software so we can talk UI etc.

Lapkwan,

You around in HK around April 10th to 20th? - be good to meet up for diner one evening and I can discuss "off the record' some of the undisclosed tech in the DAC :)

I'll also with me will be the owner of the company who will be working on the front panel software so we can talk UI etc.
Thanks for your invitation John, definitely would like to meet you so please give me the time and date later when you know it exact, though I doubt I'd have anything to contribute for the technical aspects concerned. It will be interesting anyway, HK has changed a lot, beyond recognition just in a few years time.

Lapkwan,

Now John, if you take Lapkwan for a meal, do not suggest a Mong Kok street vendor, then change you mind and pick the most expensive restaurant in town, take all night to decide what to eat and then order food for your guest he didn't ask for.

I hope you see this as the humour it was intended but it does sort of describe the project.

Thanks for your invitation John, definitely would like to meet you so please give me the time and date later when you know it exact, though I doubt I'd have anything to contribute for the technical aspects concerned. It will be interesting anyway, HK has changed a lot, beyond recognition just in a few years time.

Great - looking forward, will be downtown somewhere (Wan Chai)... I'll PM you my HK mobile number closer to the time and we can make the arrangements...

It's likely that I'll also be in Munich for the High End 2019 this year.
But rather Friday afternoon till Sunday. I would be happy if I met John there and got to know him.

Greatings

I People laugh when I say we are going to McDonald's when in China!
It's likely that I'll also be in Munich for the High End 2019 this year.
But rather Friday afternoon till Sunday. I would be happy if I met John there and got to know him.

Greatings

Hi Fred,

If there are not unforeseen travel issues due to Brexit - then it will be great to meet with you :)

WRT to PCB completion - Sorry, I'm not prepared to say as I have no way to judge and committing to an unknown completion date just opens a bag of hurt for me - but it is getting closer.

Tomorrow we issue the mechanical STEP files for the prototypes Front and Rear panels - if things come together well, ready hopefully in-time for Munich.

John, may we have a status update on the MDAC2 PCB please?
Ah, found a new toy?
Maybe you should enter a "recurring task" in your mobile phone: Ask John weekly (or why not daily) for a status update.
I'm pretty sure he's working on the project all the time. And he's certainly very excited when he's kept from his work by destructive nerve saws like you.

But more regular updates from John would also be good. ;-)

WRT to PCB completion - Sorry, I'm not prepared to say as I have no way to judge and committing to an unknown completion date just opens a bag of hurt for me - but it is getting closer.

Tomorrow we issue the mechanical STEP files for the prototypes Front and Rear panels - if things come together well, ready hopefully in-time for Munich.

OK, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back