advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+14)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spelman/Dromey amendment won. MPs have said they are not will to leave the EU without a deal, so they are against No Deal.

The good news came from a combined amendment by the Tory and Labour MP.

Jack

The poor will pay for this mess regardless of whether they voted remain or leave. The financial spivs such as Farage, Banks, Rees-Mogg, Hannan etc who engineered the whole situation will all do fine with their shorting, offshore accounts and financial chicanery, but those at the bottom will get to see what austerity really looks like. I am prepared to bet that if we fail to avert this ugly nationalist stupidity the numbers queuing at food-banks or dying in shop doorways goes up, not down, and by quite some margin. It is just simple math: a recession/depression, which is inevitable, means more unemployed, less tax-revenue, and therefore less resources for our decaying public services. We’ll be lucky to even have enough police/army to take on the rioting gammon once the penny drops that they’ve been had!
I see plenty of wealthy people panicking about leaving the EU, if the poor are to be the unlucky few then why do they care so much, the only time i see empathy for those at the bottom is when Brexit is on the agenda.

So no deal ruled out! Seems those Labour MPs who wouldn't vote with Cooper backed Spelman!

But the Spelman amendment has no legal force. So it's a gesture albeit (perhaps) a significant one. My reading of today's votes is that the Conservative Party is willing to give Theresa May one last roll of the dice in her talks with the EU. If, as expected, the EU sticks to its red lines, and May comes back with nothing new, all bets are off and I would expect to see real fireworks (mainly, touch wood, a Tory implosion).

I see plenty of wealthy people panicking about leaving the EU, if the poor are to be the unlucky few then why do they care so much, the only time i see empathy for those at the bottom is when Brexit is on the agenda.
Really? You must be all for it then?

But the Spelman amendment has no legal force. So it's a gesture albeit (perhaps) a significant one. My reading of today's votes is that the Conservative Party is willing to give Theresa May one last roll of the dice in her talks with the EU. If, as expected, the EU sticks to its red lines, and May comes back with nothing new, all bets are off and I would expect to see real fireworks (mainly, touch wood, a Tory implosion).

That's right

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back