advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+14)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the status now? many of us on here are convinced it is hard Brexit time, but the currency markets have been buying Sterling in the belief that hard Brexit risk is much reduced. Who is right I wonder?

The Yvette Cooper amendment has been defeated due to Labour MPs giving in to racists. The idiots deserve to lose their jobs.

Cooper's job wasn't helped by Corbyn's procrastination. Get shot of him now.

Jack
They've split on party lines by and large. Brady will pass today and we'll reconvene in a fortnight, but some interest still in Spelman

Poor voted for Brexit, we are so concerned Brexit will affect the poor, stupid thicko racist right wing leavers, now which is it people?

The poor will pay for this mess regardless of whether they voted remain or leave. The financial spivs such as Farage, Banks, Rees-Mogg, Hannan etc who engineered the whole situation will all do fine with their shorting, offshore accounts and financial chicanery, but those at the bottom will get to see what austerity really looks like. I am prepared to bet that if we fail to avert this ugly nationalist stupidity the numbers queuing at food-banks or dying in shop doorways goes up, not down, and by quite some margin. It is just simple math: a recession/depression, which is inevitable, means more unemployed, less tax-revenue, and therefore less resources for our decaying public services. We’ll be lucky to even have enough police/army to take on the rioting gammon once the penny drops that they’ve been had!

How do you feel about Scotland leaving the union too?
Have you got a good stockpile of canned food?
I think I’d rather move to Venezuela than the Little Engerland you crave.

I don't crave anything, especially little england. But I'm also now relaxed about Scotland leaving. In fact I'd try to move there.:)

The backstop keeps the UK tied to the EU until he EU negotiate & change the agreement over the following 21 months, i'm sorry but this is precisely why the leave camp will not accept it as the cards are firmly in the EU camp.

But the only effect it has is to prevent an agreement that would cause a hard border in NI. Which everybody wants. It's only an issue if you think your Brexit fantasy is more important than the Good Friday Agreement.

The poor will pay for this mess regardless of whether they voted remain or leave. The financial spivs such as Farage, Banks, Rees-Mogg, Hannan etc who engineered the whole situation will all do fine with their shorting, offshore accounts and financial chicanery, but those at the bottom will get to see what austerity really looks like. I am prepared to bet that if we fail to avert this ugly nationalist stupidity the numbers queuing at food-banks or dying in shop doorways goes up, not down, and by quite some margin. It is just simple math: a recession/depression, which is inevitable, means more unemployed, less tax-revenue, and therefore less resources for our decaying public services. We’ll be lucky to even have enough police/army to take on the rioting gammon once the penny drops that they’ve been had!

Aren't you tired of banging your head on this wall ? I am. They voted for it: bring it on. Some sh1t just has to be.

Another dingbat fantasist.
Just suppose we didn't pay the 39BN - which we owe, and have agreed we owe - just suppose we didn't pay it, what sort of trade deals might we subsequently attract, with a recent 39BN default, and what sort of rates might we be able to borrow at?

I'm glad you enjoyed the program. I've yet to see it.

It is lunacy to set in stone one element of a complex negotiation until all moving parts are agreed. The govt have displayed negotiation skills to rival the Blair / Brown PFI deals.

It is lunacy to set in stone one element of a complex negotiation until all moving parts are agreed. The govt have displayed negotiation skills to rival the Blair / Brown PFI deals.
No, they exceeded that in the first month. And have gone from strength to strength since.

Some remarkably forceful and insightful comments from Chuka Ummuna on Sky just now. He really is in a whole different league to the idiots currently in charge of his party. The negative is mouthpiece for the criminally fraudulent Leave campaign Isobel bloody Oakshott is on too...

Whatever finally happens, it won’t happen until the last possible minute. Negotiations, or the pretence of negotiations, have to continue until then to avoid accusations of giving way too easily.

There won’t be a Customs Union, that would be crossing a Red Line. I suspect instead someone will suggest a Duty Synchronization Facilitation Policy, which won’t be the same thing at all in any way whatsoever and so will be passed by the HoC. At the last possible minute.

Isn't there some sort of emergency legislation that can put an end to this total idiocy by dissolving Parliament? If so, then I think we are getting to the point where it needs to be invoked. This is turning into potentially the most serious crisis for the UK since WWII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back