advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+14)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the entirely myopic and self-interested Tory Party is coalescing in one grotesque fatty mass and voting for itself rather than anything even remotely in the national interest. They really are utter scum.

Looks like the entirely myopic and self-interested Tory Party is coalescing in one grotesque fatty mass and voting for itself rather than anything even remotely in the national interest. They really are utter scum.

Yep another two weeks go by. I don't think Cooper will pass

“We will have to find an operational way of carrying out checks and controls without putting back in place a border.” Michel Barnier, January 2019.
It's called Realpolitik. We'll undoubtedly be seeing more of it, and by no means just from the UK.
The EU isn't sticking up for a small member country. If it were, it would be looking for solutions, not obstructions. Varadkar is the EC's current useful idiot.
The Irish treasury is estimating that a hard brexit will knock 4 percentage points off of the country's GDP. That will take the smirk of Varadkar's face.
There was apparently a not unantagonistic conversation about Ireland's corporation tax regime at the Davos shindig last week. When the EC decides that the time's up, Ireland will be going under the bus. The EU is a fair weather friend.

AKA lose lose lose. BTW why should the EU find solutions to a mess created by the UK that the UK itself can't find solutions to ?
The EU allows places with few resources like Malta or Cyprus to have advantageous tax regimes. When they get ahead of EU average wealth, like Ireland, they rein it back. Seems very fair to me: not to you ?

The real point about the backstop of course is that Brexiteers hate it because they know there is no way to solve the problems of the Irish border so it effectively means we would stay in the EU customs union forever.
Dah, leaving the EU does not mean being tied to the EU indefinitely at their say so, it sort of defeats the object don't you think.

No amendment will see the light of day with the EU, how many times do we have to be told, no further negotiations before it sinks in, delay tactic, extend article 50, then the slow drawn out process of ending Brexit, transparent political manoeuvrings.

Poor voted for Brexit, we are so concerned Brexit will affect the poor, stupid thicko racist right wing leavers, now which is it people?

Chip slipped again. I have no idea what you are on about, when something is bad for the economy it sure isn't the speculators and spivs that will pick up the tab. But there are plenty of thick people, the BBC seem to find most of them to interview.

Cooper's amendment defeated. They will vote for Brady's amendment and we will look even more stupid to the world.

Of course that's not remotely what the backstop says or is for.
The backstop keeps the UK tied to the EU until he EU negotiate & change the agreement over the following 21 months, i'm sorry but this is precisely why the leave camp will not accept it as the cards are firmly in the EU camp.

Chip slipped again. I have no idea what you are on about, when something is bad for the economy it sure isn't the speculators and spivs that will pick up the tab. But there are plenty of thick people, the BBC seem to find most of them to interview.
You understand perfectly.

The Yvette Cooper amendment has been defeated due to Labour MPs giving in to racists. The idiots deserve to lose their jobs.

Cooper wasn't helped by Corbyn's interminable procrastination and Labour are an embarrassment. Get shot of him now.

Umunna has just said it looks like we will leave with No Deal, because the EU have said they will not open up negotiations about alternatives to the backstop for May.

The UK looks gloomier and gloomier.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back