advertisement

“That cyclist” who hit the horse.

It was a competition. Why did the organisers not prevent traffic during the race? What was the horse & rider doing on the road, was she not aware there was a race in progression?

If anyone is to blame it's the organisers.

Actually it's not. In the UK closed road races are rare, and the rules clearly state on open road tts you can't ride with your head down.

Looks like it was on a straight road with no oncoming traffic so he could easily have given a wide berth without any time penalty.

Ludicrous, holding a race on open roads. How can you? Stop at traffic lights ... let pedestrians cross ... what kind of a race is that going to make?

It was a competition. Why did the organisers not prevent traffic during the race? What was the horse & rider doing on the road, was she not aware there was a race in progression?

If anyone is to blame it's the organisers.
The thing is, it’s everyone’s road to use and “sorry, you can’t use the road today because some cyclists want to play on it” generally wouldn’t wash. Unless it’s a major event that generates a lot of money for charitable cause, why should people be inconvenienced?

The thing is, it’s everyone’s road to use and “sorry, you can’t use the road today because some cyclists want to play on it” generally wouldn’t wash. Unless it’s a major event that generates a lot of money for charitable cause, why should people be inconvenienced?

They close roads for marathons etc where I live. I can't see the difference. Inconveniencing? I am sure you survive for a couple of hours a year of taking a slight detour to further sport and health not to mention the safety of both participants and the public no?

This country is, in some ways, so far behind some European ones ... .

In saying so I am criticising the behaviour and lack of courtesy of both some motorists and cyclists.

A long way to go.

I believe some users pay vehicle excise tax to drive on roads etc...unlike cyclists.

Anyway come Brexit day everything will change

advertisement

Back