advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
David, there seem to be some oversharpening/resizing issues with this, just takes the edge off of it.
I've had a look on my 2015 5k retina iMac and eight year old MacBook Pro and the sharpening looks fine on both. These days with so many devices and display resolutions it can make sharpening a nightmare!

I noticed that when it uploaded to Flickr, it wasn't as clean as it is on my monitor, light halo and sharpening issues, when posted to the forums IMO its even worse!!! It will be fine when printed!!

Why does it look fine at my end? I don't see any haloing or over sharpening :confused:

I noticed that when it uploaded to Flickr, it wasn't as clean as it is on my monitor, light halo and sharpening issues, when posted to the forums IMO its even worse!!! It will be fine when printed!!

Why does it look fine at my end? I don't see any haloing or over sharpening :confused:

As The Who said 'Can't explain', the original is fine on my calibrated monitor, but when uploaded to flickr the halo is noticable on both an uncalibrated monitor and the calibrated one (in both IE and Chrome) and its also there on my iPad (Safari), and in the Flickr app on my iPhone.

I was in two minds after I uploaded it, as I did notice it straight away in flickr, and if I saw it then @eternumviti definitely would as he has (rightly) pulled me up on it in the past, his eyes are obviously attuned to this type of defect. Previously my aggressive processing was definitely to blame!!

I'm not going to re-edit just for web use, as I'm very happy with it in LR, and when I have four suitable images from Cwmorthin then it will make another nice block print.

Anyway another one from the day....

Cwmorthin Reflection
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

As The Who said 'Can't explain', the original is fine on my calibrated monitor, but when uploaded to flickr the halo is noticable on both an uncalibrated monitor and the calibrated one (in both IE and Chrome) and its also there on my iPad (Safari), and in the Flickr app on my iPhone.

Are you using any output sharpening on export from Lightroom?

Lefty

Found this metal soldier at RHS Rosemoor last Saturday evening - full metal jacket?
45803718375_65d1a84908_c.jpg

Lee, For my sins, I've been on PFM for many years (joined 2003!!), I used to be very into HiFi, hence the interest, but these days I only really contribute to the Photo room (and occasionally to the Music room)

The photo room is great, with an endless array of diverse images, and very much more image than gear, unlike many fairly gear-centric photography forums!!

Good to see you here

Hifi brings me here, but saw the photo section and thought I’d get involved, It does seem more image focused!

Bavelaw Farm Rd south of Balerno by any chance?

It is indeed. I live in Balerno so sometimes venture up there for a bit of fresh air on the way back from meetings or when I'm playing about with the various lenses.

Here's another shot of the same car, in the same location, but at a different time and with a different wide angle lens (Tokina ATX-Pro 20-35mm F2.8 which is the big brother of the Tokina 19-35mm F3.5-4.5 I used last time) this time:
168684627.2Ir7E7sU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back