advertisement

Is the Naim Uniti range designed and built in China?

pjdowns

Living the Hifi dream
Trying to find the answer to a discussion I have been having with my Dad.

My understanding that the Naim Uniti range (Atom etc.) are designed and built in China, whereas the other Naim products are always designed in the UK. Is this the case or are they just built in China?

Why not just look on the rear of the units? "Designed and made in England".

The mu-so and the Qb are made in China, but everything else is made in Salisbury. Everything, including the mu-sos, is designed in the town with the famous cathedral spire.

The mu-so and the Qb are made in China, but everything else is made in Salisbury. Everything, including the mu-sos, is designed in the town with the famous cathedral spire.

Aha it is the Muso's that are made in China. I thought they used a Chinese design for their Unit range of amplification, maybe their own take on it, but again I am possibly mistaken.

Perhaps other future Naim products will be (partly) made in far east ?

I have noticed the Muso range is on sale again, pricelevel adjusted as black friday offer, perhaps updates or new version planned

"Proudly made in the USA" was a common sticker on the back of many items until the Fair Trade Commission made the manufacturers replace it with "Parts made in Mexico/Taiwan/China and assembled in the USA"!

Don't know where the actual Naim digital circuit boards are are fabricated and populated......... hopefully in Salisbury.

I heard it was Marshall Amplification who took a US amp mob to the Authorities , over Made in USA for Mexican made product that was just boxed ( ! ) in the USA .
This was a long time ago .

I did hear that the aluminium for the Naim cases cames from Australia! Disgusting I call it, the sooner we get out of the EU the better I reckon!
That’s outrageous, Tony, no wonder we don’t smelt Aluminium in this country any more! And to think that they then send the stuff to Switzerland and back to have it machined and anodised. What is the world coming to?

It's a global supply chain. Long gone are days when you buy every component made in the UK. Even the former BHC caps are now Kemet and assembled elsewhere in the EU.

I know the volumes are rather different but if we can make Raspberry Pis cost-effectively in a factory in Wales then we ought to be able to do the same for other consumer electronics.

advertisement

Back