advertisement

Trump Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every once in a while attempts to smear the left backfire spectacularly. An unearthed video of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dancing when in university was posted on Twitter by a righty provocateur as as example of her being unfit for the job, but all it did was point out how arhythmic most politicians are and how damn human she is.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...sio-cortez-dance-video-jones-dnt-ebof-vpx.cnn

Joe

... and totally hot, as well. dems finally surpass republicans there, albeit via someone they are trying to stifle, along with other progressives. nancy peloozi is still their real poster girl/granny.

True. My thought was why give Fox News and even worse alt-right outlets the talking point? Tlaib, a Palestinian-American, is one of the first Muslim women in Congress. The Christian Broadcasting Network has already referred to her as the “foul-mouthed Islamic congresswoman.”

Here’s her quote that was caught on a cell phone camera:

“People love you and you win. And when your son looks at you and says: ‘Momma, look, you won. Bullies don’t win.’ And I said, ‘Baby, they don’t.’ Because we’re going to go in there, and we’re going to impeach the mother****er.”

The ugly word doesn’t bother me. It’s her not thinking about how her comment could be used against her party. To win in 2020, Democrats need moderate votes. But for the next two years, and especially if Trump is not impeached, Tlaib will be example number one of the “looney left”. They will say that by pre-judging Trump, she shows no respect for the justice process, and so on. This was, quite simply, an own goal.
...still a motherf\/cker 'though...

The Dems now need to publicly expose every rotten aspect of the Trump administration through various house investigations done in public - it is a political war & no mercy should be shown. This period of deprogramming is needed for people to recover from the constant Trump propaganda

The Dems now need to publicly expose every rotten aspect of the Trump administration through various house investigations done in public - it is a political war & no mercy should be shown. This period of deprogramming is needed for people to recover from the constant Trump propaganda

"Do not allow yourself to be programmed."

Assuming the deadlock over the shutdown isn't broken any time soon, the Dems need to ensure Trump retains the ownership of it that he's already accepted, indeed taken some pride in thus far. He isn't above trying to shift the blame once it starts to get damaging.

Assuming the deadlock over the shutdown isn't broken any time soon, the Dems need to ensure Trump retains the ownership of it that he's already accepted, indeed taken some pride in thus far. He isn't above trying to shift the blame once it starts to get damaging.
I know of no reason to think he's above anything.

Trump says federal workers "will have to make adjustments".

Let them eat cake?

My fear is that the democrats will be painted as weak on immigration. They need to be very clear that they're against the wall because it's a useless way to address the problem, or Trump will paint them into a corner. He's a psycho, but he's a cunning psycho.

Just finished watching a 3 part doc "the dark charisma of Adolf Hitler" & the similarities are scary but it ends with "Hitler never stopped believing in himself it was the people who stopped believing in him" - that's what is needed with Trump - a complete & utter exposure of him, his family, his accolites, etc.

But as venal & corrupt as Trump is, he is also serving a purpose - drawing attention to the many other major problems in the US

I wonder will the Dems address any of these? I see their omnibus bill has in it some moves towards a more democratic system with election reform & money in politics - doubt it will get very far, though.

Just finished watching a 3 part doc "the dark charisma of Adolf Hitler" & the similarities are scary but it ends with "Hitler never stopped believing in himself it was the people who stopped believing in him" - that's what is needed with Trump - a complete & utter exposure of him, his family, his accolites, etc.

But as venal & corrupt as Trump is, he is also serving a purpose - drawing attention to the many other major problems in the US

I wonder will the Dems address any of these? I see their omnibus bill has in it some moves towards a more democratic system with election reform & money in politics - doubt it will get very far, though.

I always think of Major Otto Remer, the commander of the Berlin Regiment who played a key part in quashing Operation Valkyrie after he 'knew Hitler's voice' on the phone. There is no rational reason for him to have snapped into 'authoritarian follower' mode when he heard that voice--but he did.

You can expose Trump every day for a year and it won't matter to a lot of people....

I always think of Major Otto Remer, the commander of the Berlin Regiment who played a key part in quashing Operation Valkyrie after he 'knew Hitler's voice' on the phone. There is no rational reason for him to have snapped into 'authoritarian follower' mode when he heard that voice--but he did.

You can expose Trump every day for a year and it won't matter to a lot of people....
Yes, I believe he still clung to the myth that was created about Hitler & hearing his voice he knew he had survived an attempted assasination.

It is the Trump myth that has to be disassembled/destroyed & most people will disown him as a consequence - he doesn't have anything else going for him - he's just a product of marketing (the apprentice)

Last edited:
Funny , you always mention Hitler but never Stalin , Mao or Fidel. Time to widen the horizon a bit maybe ?

I wasn't referring to you specifically but when Trump is mentioned there are always references to Hitler not ever to great Marx ideology followers .

Ok, I see. My comparison with Hitler was prompted by the documentary I just watched & the similarities were striking. Maybe, Stalin, Mao were even more strikingly similar, I don't know?

Anyway he was elected by serfs to build a wall. If he builds it than he stands a chance to be re elected. Everybody gets that except the dumb elites and the sophisticated idiots.
Well , I will take it back .Even the dumb sophisticated idiots aren't that stupid. They know it and its the reason they are so viciously against it .
They are probably well fenced themselves in the suburbs .Whenever I wander there there are always " no trespassing" signs and every strangers appearance prompts panicked calls for Police. Yank , I bet my monthly rent you live in such neighborhood...

Anyway he was elected by serfs to build a wall. If he builds it than he stands a chance to be re elected. Everybody gets that except the dumb elites and the sophisticated idiots.

A simplistic and crude analysis, followed by a logical fallacy. Anyone could do better except a unsophisticated idiot.

[the following added on edit by limono after my reply above]

Well , I will take it back .Even the dumb sophisticated idiots aren't that stupid. They know it and its the reason they are so viciously against it .
They are probably well fenced themselves in the suburbs .Whenever I wander there there are always " no trespassing" signs and every strangers appearance prompts panicked calls for Police. Yank , I bet my monthly rent you live in such neighborhood...

Wrong per Yank's subsequent post. Pay up, limono!

Last edited:
He was elected by folks who watch too much reality TV (the apprentice) believing he was a successful businessman instead of a fool & mobster conman. He sold them what they wanted to hear (just like Hitler) & the GOP realised that he was a useful idiot whom they could use to implement their ideology.

I know this is still too simplistic a summary but I'm writing on a phone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back