advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only additions this year were a new Sony OLED TV, HD700s and some minor acoustic treatments.

How it looks at the moment:

CDEE7-A6-E-6-B0-A-4-C3-D-BAFE-AFAD2-B330-E81.jpg

How it looks almost every other day:

07-F83947-7-E7-D-499-B-8-E3-F-25313-B82-DF91.jpg

PS: Leave my rug alone !!! :)

Rug? What Rug?:D

Yes a rug between you and the speakers is actually very useful to absorb some floor bounce, as vertical reflections are never beneficial.
Keith

Yes a rug between you and the speakers is actually very useful to absorb some floor bounce, as vertical reflections are never beneficial.
Keith

We have had this before in another thread, rugs are not useful for acoustic IMHO. But I won't start this topic again here.

We have had this before in another thread, rugs are not useful for acoustic IMHO. But I won't start this topic again here.
Depends on material and thickness, but rugs are generally only useful for absorbing high and middle frequency reflections. You'll still get significant floor bounce of lower frequencies. A rug is better than no rug however, especially if you have an uncarpeted floor, and is of course far more practical than placing broadband absorption on the floor.

@Purité Audio : As I said before, we have had this before and I don't understand why you start it again.:rolleyes:
@ToTo Man : In most cases they don't absorb middle frequencies only h.f.. That's why I said to Keith in another thread that they are not useful (in general).

To get the heights reverberation time right is the easiest thing to do in most living rooms.
If you damp the h.f. too much, you will achieve an unbalanced sound.
Therefore I (only speaking for me) disagree with "a rug is better then no rug".

But that isn't the topic here.:)

It isn’t to do with reverberation time, it is the nature of vertical reflections as opposed to lateral ( horizontal) reflections.
While lateral reflections ‘can’ add a sense of spaciousness vertical reflections have no benefit, it is due to the positions of your ears, all has been researched, tested and is explained in ‘Sound Reproduction’.
Keith

Also, aren't the higher frequencies the easiest to spatially locate? Since lower frequencies aren't as directional their reflections are likely less of an issue.

Correct, what you (Keith) are talking about hasn't something to do with the reverberation time but if you only use stuff like rugs and curtains you get an imbalanced reverberation time and therefor an unbalanced sound.

But you know this all and we have talked about it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back