advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyb

pfm Member
Happy New Year everyone :)

I hope it's ok for me to start this year's one.

IMG_20190101_114817-1546344042916-L.jpg

Heavily modded Technics 1210 turnable with Mike New Bearing, Mike New platter, Fidelity Research FR64 fx arm, using a Shure 55EM with Jico SAS stylus, Paul Hynes regulators, Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, Trilogy 907 phono stage, Velleman 8020 pre amp, SoTm SMS 200 NAA, Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP power amp into Tannoy Berkeley speakers that have been upgraded with Reference Fidelity Components external crossovers, extra internal bracing and new acoustic foam.

The turntable with my Kontrapunkt B cartridge

20180709_223737-L.jpg

The amp

IMG_20181006_171436-L.jpg

One of the crossovers

FB_IMG_1544262542313-L.jpg

i-3fqZhMq

aKvtHqT.jpg

Unchanged since my last photo:

Roon Nucleus w/2TB SSD
Sony TA-ZH1ES Headphone amp/DAC
Pro-Ject The Classic w/Ortofon 2M Red/Silver (for sale!)
Croft RIAA
Leben CS300XS
Harbeth P3ESR Rosewood
Sony Z1R headphones
Wychwood Audionics mainsblock

Looking to upgrade the vinyl setup fairly soon. Would love a TD124 but the DIY side is putting me off. The Garrards look interesting, so might go that way and add a Timestep arm.

I rediscovered the joys of headphone listening towards the end of 2018, upgrading my Sony NW-ZX2 to the sublime WM1Z and adding Sony MDR-Z!R headphones for home use (Shure SE846 for work). I did have the Kimber Axios balanced headphone cable for the Sony phones but decided that i preferred the standard Sony balanced cable so it went back under a 60 day trial (thanks Russ Andrews)

LPlP3oZ.jpg

@coupe-sport

The 1Z looks great. I have the 1A with 400gb micro SD card. For walking to work I have Sony XBA-N1 and also have the 1000X noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones. The latter are really good for coach or air travel.

Surely those speakers just cannot work properly in that room?
Not dissing at all - just curious.
Ok it's not as good as I would like but this used to be our built in garage and we knocked through and made it a home cinema with projector and 7ft screen which is still there and still in use above the HiFi rack. The Tannoys do pretty good in there, would be better in the main part of the room but we wanted the HiFi away from the main TV and seating area.

Here's a photo of the HiFi area from part of the main seating area, we also have a 2 seater settee in the HiFi area for closer listening to the system. Camera makes it look narrower than it is.

The photo is taken from one of my fav seats about 9m from the HiFi :)

IMG_20180221_122837631_HDR-L.jpg

Last edited:
Chromecast-IFi spdif ipurifier-Rega IO Dac-Bottlehead Crack-Beyer DT150.
272601E1-E99B-46DC-A894-D8FA769D0363_zpsplvj4fqj.jpg
Interesting setup, another one who’s given a “vintage” DAC a try. I use Linn Numerik, cost £1500 20-25 years ago, it still blows most budget offerings I’ve heard into the weeds, it might be limited to 16bits but it’s still musically engaging. I always quite liked the Jupiter/IO combo.

Interesting setup, another one who’s given a “vintage” DAC a try. I use Linn Numerik, cost £1500 20-25 years ago, it still blows most budget offerings I’ve heard into the weeds, it might be limited to 16bits but it’s still musically engaging. I always quite liked the Jupiter/IO combo.

I too like the vintage DACs, and these older DACs are indeed as good as you say until (in my experience) the battery powered JKenny ISO-DAC is likely to turn that table.

I was listening to a few records last night and took these pictures.

It’s a bit untidy in places as I have a mix of tonearm fettling tools (because of the Javelin’s recent arrival) and a bunch of bits on the floor by the radiator that are to do with the new turntable. Not exactly a simple lash up and it only plays records!

No changes for me since my last upload (system components listed in my signature).

Main system with Tannoy Monitor Gold 12:

Main system with Celestion Ditton 66:
45171764504_fb155e3890_o.jpg

Close-up pic of Yamaha A-S3000:
45641024505_89bdf0614a_o.jpg

Hey Totoman,

I have a similar set up to you (yam and yggy) and be interested in hearing about your experience with the tannoys and celestion. Also do you ever run the Sennheiser HD600 from the Yamaha's headphone output?

No changes for me since my last upload (system components listed in my signature).

Main system with Tannoy Monitor Gold 12:

Main system with Celestion Ditton 66:
45171764504_fb155e3890_o.jpg

Close-up pic of Yamaha A-S3000:
45641024505_89bdf0614a_o.jpg

Which Tannoy cabs are those? Canterbury?

Ynwoan-“Not exactly a simple lash up and it only plays records!” Yes, but a quite tasty lash-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back