advertisement

Kii III (pruned)

So does BXT turn the Three into the full-range, high SPL, loudspeaker system that you claimed it was before? ;)
When my demo THREEs return I will have a Kii versus Kii/BXt shootout.
I am not disappointed by the BLTs though, whether it’s the extended cardioid or the line source or ... it is the most ‘real’ sound I have heard.
Keith

When my demo THREEs return I will have a Kii versus Kii/BXt shootout.
I am not disappointed by the BLTs though, whether it’s the extended cardioid or the line source or ... it is the most ‘real’ sound I have heard.
Keith

Does the BXT remove some bass duties from the speakers, freeing up more SPL?

Yes, Kii THREEs,
Frequency response: 30Hz to 25kHz +/- 0.5dB
Phase response: minimum (best possible time coherence).
Long term SPL(*): 105dB / Short term SPL(*): 110dB / Peak SPL: 115dB
Controlled Directivity: 4.8dB (80Hz - 1kHz, slowly rising thereafter)

BXT
  • Full-size floorstanding DSP controlled monitor speaker system.
  • 12 x 6.5” woofer, 1 x 5” midrange, 1 x 1” waveguided tweeter.
  • Amplification: full custom class D, 250W per drive unit, arranged in 6 groups.
  • Active Wave Focusing crossover filter
  • Frequency response: 20Hz (-3dB) – 25kHz, flatness ± 0,5dB (*)
  • Integrated tone control
  • Phase response: selectable, linear phase or minimum latency
  • Protection limiters
  • Controlled Directivity: 4.8dB (54Hz - 1kHz, slowly rising thereafter)
  • Size: 20x120x40cm, 8”x47”x16” (WxHxD
  • SPLs is also increased specs are on the Kii site.
  • Keith

I do wonder if these futuristic looking speakers put most of their value in the cabinet design and manufacture rather than performance, Keith. The cabinets seem to be moulded (plastic, fibre, metal or what?) and their bling credentials are indisputable; their v.f.m. in sonic terms may be questionable, however. A production run of many tens of thousands may well mitigate their cost, but I doubt that might be the case here.

I do wonder if these futuristic looking speakers put most of their value in the cabinet design and manufacture rather than performance, Keith. The cabinets seem to be moulded (plastic, fibre, metal or what?) and their bling credentials are indisputable; their v.f.m. in sonic terms may be questionable, however. A production run of many tens of thousands may well mitigate their cost, but I doubt that might be the case here.
The kii 3 are one of the three finest measuring and sounding loudspeakers currently available, the others being the Dutch&Dutch 8C and the Beolab 90’s, in terms of design form has to follow function.
One really has to compare these to your current set in your room up to appreciate their level of performance.
Keith

The kii 3 are one of the three finest measuring and sounding loudspeakers currently available, the others being the Dutch&Dutch 8C and the Beolab 90’s, in terms of design form has to follow function.
One really has to compare these to your current set in your room up to appreciate their level of performance.
Keith
What are the price of these Keith?

The Kiis are around £11k the Kii/BXT/ Kii Control set is £27k.
But there is nothing else to purchase , 28 amps, 28 DACs, a/d preamp, async usb etc all included just add sources of your choice.
Keith

Not heard the Kii, but demoed the somewhat similar D&D 8c. The sound quality is unsurpassed at the price, if many times the price IME. Scepticism will be extinguished upon hearing them, just like the D&D speakers.

The Kiis are around £11k the Kii/BXT/ Kii Control set is £27k.
But there is nothing else to purchase , 28 amps, 28 DACs, a/d preamp, async usb etc all included just add sources of your choice.
Keith

Are these speakers or space stations? No idea what all the £27K gubbins is; is this the new digital version of a crossover ?:(

Mike.

Go have a read of the D&D thread? Gives you an idea of what is ‘in’ those speakers.

Ignore me if you’ve already done this?

advertisement

Back