advertisement

The TRUTH Why Modern Music Is Awful

oldman.jpg

I guess some on here would insist a track consisting of nothing more than people farting is actually great if the yoof like it.... doesn't matter what anyone else says cos if the yoof like it it must be fantastic in some bizarre way that anyone over 35 intrinsically "don't get"... apparently it can't just be crap, that's not a possibility..

The appreciation and enjoyment of music continues to be totally subjective.
This about to be demonstrated in the traditional manner as some "over 35" shout at the tv during the seasonal ep of TOTP.

Seven times five
They were living creatures
watch 'em come to life
Right before your eyes
Backsliding
Right before your eyes
How do you do
These slippery people
Gonna see you through

Bloss

The appreciation and enjoyment of music continues to be totally subjective.
This about to be demonstrated in the traditional manner as some "over 35" shout at the tv during the seasonal ep of TOTP.
Does 'totally subjective' mean 'no one can ever criticize anything?'

Does 'totally subjective' mean 'no one can ever criticize anything?'

Nah. Music is a big church... plenty of room for choice and opinion.

I like what I like - interestingly I actually own several on the BBC list for 2018 top albums. Not that that means anything st all.

But Chris and Robyn did bring out good long players this year;)

Nah. Music is a big church... plenty of room for choice and opinion.

I like what I like - interestingly I actually own several on the BBC list for 2018 top albums. Not that that means anything st all.

But Chris and Robyn did bring out good long players this year;)

Then I put it to you that we should be able to criticize modern pop, on non-cranky grounds elaborated in this thread, without having tired cliché mockery thrown at us, over and over (you are far from the first)!

Listen, there has been shit popular music in every era regardless of when it was. I can guarantee that any of the curmudgeonly old sods whinging on about the state of modern music can pick their absolute favourite albums and I can find utter shit from the same year. There is no difference.

It is very easy to hear the difference between the modern crap pop dirge and the modern decent music, even if it's not your thing or to your taste you can spot the quality a mile off. If you can't you should be embarrassed.

Then I put it to you that we should be able to criticize modern pop, on non-cranky grounds elaborated in this thread, without having tired cliché mockery thrown at us, over and over (you are far from the first)!

Go for it. I’ll like what I like. If others don’t like it, why should that bother me. I don’t seek approval from them for my musical tastes.

Fwiw there is good new music around, and in the mainstream, most years for me.

Listen, there has been shit popular music in every era regardless of when it was. I can guarantee that any of the curmudgeonly old sods whinging on about the state of modern music can pick their absolute favourite albums and I can find utter shit from the same year. There is no difference.

It is very easy to hear the difference between the modern crap pop dirge and the modern decent music, even if it's not your thing or to your taste you can spot the quality a mile off. If you can't you should be embarrassed.

No one has said there was not crap music in the past. No one has said that the difference you mention does not exist. No one is saying all modern music is crap. You should be embarrassed to be doubling down on the tired cliché mockery.

No one has said there was not crap music in the past. No one has said that the difference you mention does not exist. No one is saying all modern music is crap. You should be embarrassed to be doubling down on the tired cliché mockery.

Stay stuck in 1966 then and leave us to it. Music consumption has changed, you can't compare 50 years ago with now, in the same way you can't compare a 1960s F1 car and driver with a modern one, except through rose tinted specs.

advertisement

Back