advertisement

iLoud Micro Monitors

Anyone heard these:

https://www.gear4music.com/Recordin...-Micro-Monitor-Studio-Referencing-System/1GNU

They look like they'd make a neat bedroom system. They're cheaper than Genelecs and have Bluetooth built in. They're also highly portable, which might be useful as I expect to spend 2-3 months in France next year.

Just seen this drood. I have a pair in my PC system and love them, use them wired though because of slight but annoying beeping noise from the bluetooth driver when they're 'asleep'. That will depend on the particular computer, but they only do 44.1/16 bit on bluetooth too. There's a new model just come out with an additional driver so they're twice the price, weight and size but I have it on good authority that they're excellent as well.

Just seen this drood. I have a pair in my PC system and love them, use them wired though because of slight but annoying beeping noise from the bluetooth driver when they're 'asleep'. That will depend on the particular computer, but they only do 44.1/16 bit on bluetooth too. There's a new model just come out with an additional driver so they're twice the price, weight and size but I have it on good authority that they're excellent as well.
Thanks gav, I remain highly tempted, especially as they're so portable. I'll also check out the bigger version.

I'm not planning to post much here anymore (I'm tired of cyclical arguments, and the unpleasant comments from some Remainers + have other priorities I need to focus on) so good luck fighting the good fight!

Cheers!
Nigel

A friend of mine owns these, they're excellent. I'll be buying the new MTM Monitor as soon as it hits the market.

Also consider a Topping MX3 and some small high quality Monitors such as Radius 90's.

Asonishingly capable, versatile little box.
Hi drummer-dude. Thanks for all the info and the Genelec tip-off. The Topping box looks really nice and, funnily enough, I've always liked the look of those little MA Radius speakers.

But, as it happens, another member has offered me a pair of nearly new iLoud monitors at a decent price so I think I'll take a punt on them and take it from there.

Hi drummer-dude. Thanks for all the info and the Genelec tip-off. The Topping box looks really nice and, funnily enough, I've always liked the look of those little MA Radius speakers.

But, as it happens, another member has offered me a pair of nearly new iLoud monitors at a decent price so I think I'll take a punt on them and take it from there.

Nice one. Let us know how you get on with them.

Please let us know - I want a pair of these as monitors for my slimmed down edit suite, replacing a pair of PMC TB1s. Very interested to hear how you find them. If anyone else has a pair they want rid of...!

advertisement

Back