advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Claro were fabricating for Lumley, who left them in the lurch.

It was actually the other way round.
Claro's first deck was designed as a commission for their original client (I don't know who this was), who left them in the lurch when it came time to pay the bills. John Jeffries stepped in and agreed to take a number of the completed decks which he marketed as the Lumley Heliosphere, and Claro took the decision to try and sell the rest on their own as the Clarity 09. This was a success and feedback was sufficiently good for them to continue with the improved and updated Clarity Dual model.

I spoke to Peter at Claro only recently and, as I understand it, their brand new direct drive deck is still on its way...

Thanks for the internal pics Yuri, certainly an interesting DAC! I would be interested in your thoughts of it, and what it might compare to, if possible?

What size rooms do you 800 owners have?
Must check the specs too to see how much deeper the 800s go. Do they have a significantly better mid unit and tweeter than the lower range models too? I'd expect more than just extra bass for that outlay...:)

40’ x 28’ x 20’ to the top of the flat ceiling. Bedroom above (looking down on living room) is shared airspace: an additional 16’x16’ Triangular loft... all the bass boom is up there (low volume late night listening up there is epic). The B&W800 D2s are about 1/4 into the room in free space, slight toe in.

Devialet, SAM and B&W800s are an amazing combo, they need lots of power to do what they do though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the internal pics Yuri, certainly an interesting DAC! I would be interested in your thoughts of it, and what it might compare to, if possible?

I hope my review will be publishing today or tomorrow. Although it will be in Russian, you can use Google translate with acceptable results. I will provide the link to the review.

40’ x 28’ x 20’ to the top of the flat ceiling. Bedroom above (looking down on living room) is shared airspace: an additional 16’x16’ Triangular roof... all the bass boom is up there (low volume late night listening up there is epic). The B&W800 D2s are about 1/4 into the room in free space, slight toe in.

Devialet, SAM and B&W800s are an amazing combo, they need lots of power to do what they do though.

My "closet" (in comparison) is about 26' x 18' x 8' - speakers are about 4 ft into the room - free space and toed-in also. Power is indeed, good. The room gives up a long time before the amps.

I spoke to Peter at Claro recently and, as I understand it, their brand new direct drive deck is still on its way...

Hope the Claro Audio direct drive sees the light of day, the schematic looks like a well considered design, looking forward to seeing it implemented.
The only other new home grown DDs I can think of is the singular Onkk Cue and the Inspire Monarch deck’s so any new design to challenge the established marques is welcome.

Never a better time to own a turntable.

40’ x 28’ x 20’ to the top of the flat ceiling. Bedroom above (looking down on living room) is shared airspace: an additional 16’x16’ Triangular loft... all the bass boom is up there (low volume late night listening up there is epic). The B&W800 D2s are about 1/4 into the room in free space, slight toe in.

That is enormous! And the speakers fill the room with sound?

Colin L - even your room is large compared to anything I have!

I had a feeling a pair of 800s wouldn't be for modest sized rooms......

NOS JVC AX-Z1010 integrated amplifier / DAC. TOTL in 1989! Bro!

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

Yuri-enjoyed your review of the DAC, yes, interesting Google translation, but easy to get the overall feel of it, thanks for sharing!

Hope the Claro Audio direct drive sees the light of day, the schematic looks like a well considered design, looking forward to seeing it implemented.
The only other new home grown DDs I can think of is the singular Onkk Cue and the Inspire Monarch deck’s so any new design to challenge the established marques is welcome.

Never a better time to own a turntable.

Don’t forget the new Cambridge Audio Alva. That looks very intriguing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back