advertisement

The 2018 F1 Thread

And here’s me keeping my fingers crossed now for my mate getting Sky Sports for next year and still letting me use his Sky Go login on my lappy. Otherwise, I won’t be watching many races.

I was sure Mercedes had made a blunder when they pitted Hamilton so early, but hey, what do I know about strategy lol

Also, well done Ham and Vet for giving Alonso a guard of honour - nice touch by both drivers there :)

I thought the exact same thing but the Hamilton of 2018 seems able to handle anything.

Enjoyed the triple doughnuts from the last 3 World Champs at the end.

A nice way for FA to bow out.

Thought the C4 team went hard on Bottas post race. Mercedes know he’s been the perfect team mate for Lewis. They’ve had to use him as a foil for Lewis at important times so it’s been the correct pairing from the teams POV.

And here’s me keeping my fingers crossed now for my mate getting Sky Sports for next year and still letting me use his Sky Go login on my lappy. Otherwise, I won’t be watching many races.

Now TV is very cheap. I subscribe during the NFL season to watched blacked out games.

I thought the exact same thing but the Hamilton of 2018 seems able to handle anything.

Enjoyed the triple doughnuts from the last 3 World Champs at the end.

A nice way for FA to bow out.

Thought the C4 team went hard on Bottas post race. Mercedes know he’s been the perfect team mate for Lewis. They’ve had to use him as a foil for Lewis at important times so it’s been the correct pairing from the teams POV.

That only works when Lewis is at his best and Ferrari and Vettel make too many mistakes.

Over the season Ferrari had the fastest car in qualifying, it was closer in the race, but overall they were a bit faster.

Just realised that this was the last ever free to air live F1 race. For now at least...

I wasn't aware of that...what a crappy thing to do, I imagine Now TV/Sky will put up there pay per race rate as well, can see it going from £8 to £10..so essentially £210=220 stretching to £420-440 if you want to watch the qualifiers..

I think I actually prefer the highlights show assuming I can avoid the news and this thread before it is broadcast. The full live thing plus build-up just drags on for hours!

PS Today was another clear win for the ‘halo’ IMO. I suspect Nico H’s airborn exit may have been rather more painful without it.

Just find a friend with Sky Sports who has a spare login for Sky Go. Use it on any device you have.

The roll bar saved Nico, as far as I could see. Had them for years.

Charlie Whiting has said that the standard procedure now is to wait until an upturned car is righted before attempting to remove the driver. He also says that the Halo gave Nico more space while upturned, and that was one of the requirements during the development of the Halo.

Live and learn!

Charlie Whiting is the new God? All hail.

Tbh I fell asleep watching that so called "race" today

Nice to see George winning the GP2 title earlier though.

I like George. Found way more interest watching what went on in that this year. As much as I have my doubts about how well he'll do next year.

If using NowTV for live races next year don't get a NowTV stick....they have a serious issue where the quality drops to make viewing impossible, I believe a chip overheats. I've reverted using a PC connected to the TV why I need Sky coverage. Good to see Jenson on the Sky team next year, they need to deliver better commentary.

Channel 4 did really lay into Bottas , you would think he was the worst driver on the grid !
He has done a good job imo and it is just that Hamilton has been on another level .
Channel 4 seemed to have an Occon bias ,overated imo as he is basically on a par with Perez ,I think they were pushing for him to have Bottas drive .
I think Occon would be a bad fit as he has proven to be too agressive towards his teamates and not toe the line , no good if the no 2 takes out the world champ !

advertisement

Back