advertisement

The 2018 F1 Thread

I saw the news article about the crash on the BBC earlier but holy shit, that's a lot worse than I thought it was based on what I'd read - I mean, she literally took off like a jet off of an aircraft carrier! I wish her all the best with her recovery. I've no idea how that will go but at least she's still alive to recover!

I was going to post that I was pleased to see verstappen had calmed down as was driving well , that was until the occon incident !!! Max should have just let occon buy as it would make no difference io him winning the race and he could overtake him later . He instead put on his agressive petulent child head on and crashed

Do we know what on earth happened to her and her inability to brake approaching the corner? She seemed to be doing at at least twice the speed of others??

Poor girl and her poor family. Hope the operation on her back goes well.

Yes I realise that, I can’t see the cause of her accident in the video you posted though??

Some say that if that photography tower wasn’t there that she would have flown a hell of a lot further.. you can just imagine it and also, the tower took a lot of the impact energy, moved back about 5 ft and slowed her down as well as she could have hoped. (If she hit an immovable barrier she wouldn’t have survived that instant 150-0)

Hope he goes well, but with a new car to develop and rookie George Russell as team-mate it all sounds very high risk.

Apparently Sirotkin's pot of gold ran out - how might he have gone in, say a Haas?

I think Kubica’s move needs a thumbs up from the powers that be, but it’d be interesting at the very least.

Hope he goes well, but with a new car to develop and rookie George Russell as team-mate it all sounds very high risk.

On the other hand, the once-great Williams team has sunk to the bottom of the Constructor's Championship (always a priority with Frank Williams) with a meagre 7 points to date. The only way is up.

I think Kubica’s move needs a thumbs up from the powers that be, but it’d be interesting at the very least.

I find it very frustrating that he is getting a drive rather than another young driver, if he was still quality then he would have been selected last year instead of Sirotkin. I get that he had unfinished business and I am sure there is a nice paycheck from Poland coming along for the ride but I cannot see him setting the world on fire. I expect him to be soundly beaten by Russell.

Who cares!

It’s only car racing, after all.

????

Not sure if you are commenting on the "F1 is shit" posters here but in case you are not.

I care. It is the sport that I follow and want to see deserving drivers driving the cars not politically or money motivated drivers whilst acknowledging that most drivers bring some sort of package or support.

Kubica is a lover of F1, driving in general, and a bit of a character. Hundreds of young drivers haven’t made the move into F1 over the years because of the old guard, nothing new. And let’s face it, a young driver in a Williams seat isn’t facing a rosy future, as things stand.

Kubica is a lover of F1, driving in general, and a bit of a character. Hundreds of young drivers haven’t made the move into F1 over the years because of the old guard, nothing new. And let’s face it, a young driver in a Williams seat isn’t facing a rosy future, as things stand.

No denying his love of the sport or his character, might as well bring Mansell back, he never technically retired. That would generate some interest! ;-)

Actually I think Williams is a perfect first season team for a young driver. Expectations are essentially zero and they can get a chance to settle in, deal with being in the F1 circus and develop their skills without the pressure of being in a car with performance expectations. The folks that matter will know how well he is doing even in a duff car.

advertisement

Back