advertisement

Wrist watch lovers?

Very nice lookng watch and strap combination. Does anyone know the make of the strap? I'm assuming, quite possibly wrongly, that it's not a Rolex strap.

Pretty sure its not a Rolex - could be any one of loads of different aftermarket straps.

Have a google for padded brown leather straps and you'll find heaps of the things. Liked the look of this one:

http://www.plugandfeatherwatches.com/new-products/brown-leather-band

Just need to get the Sub out into the sun for a couple of decades now - or find a mega-lumens UV lamp and put the two together in a cupboard somewhere for 12 months or so :)

I didn't know until quite recently that there were such things. Amazing how the brain sorts out the multiple images, when you think about it.

I've had them for nearly three years now, and they've been a revelation. Working upside down in the guts of a chollywopter, arms stretched out...... and your glasses slip.... a complete pain.

So, an update; I am still waiting for the 39mm version to be delivered to Goldsmith. It was meant to be there today but now looks more like next week. No big deal.

Meanwhile, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I was looking for a second automatic so I can rotate. I did not want to spend a large amount of money so was considering the Hamilton Khaki King as well as one of CH's Vintage line models. -

So I watched some Youtube and ... found an Oris I liked. I didn't see this model before. Had I perhaps I would have bought that one instead. Its a chunk more at around £1300 - £1400 and I love the look and finish. - Still, looking at specs alone, it seems perhaps to much compared to CH and Hamilton.

Went on ebay this morning and saw an absolutely mint example, 1 year old, no marks whatsoever and with all the paperwork/remaining warranty. Got it at a very good (I hope) price at £600 off. - According to the owner, it runs 3.6 seconds fast/day unregulated. - I was taken by the two colour dial, unobtrusive date complication at 6 and chunky domed sapphire, yet the watch is still slimmer than most divers.

I think it looks sufficiently different from the Conquest to make it the 'other' watch. I will wait until I receive it to make a final judgement but in the worst case I can probably sell without much loss.

More than I wanted to spend on my second watch but still 'only' £1600 for the two automatics. - Some pictures;

The date window is very subtle on that - I had to look a couple of times before I spotted it. Seems unusual for that style of case not to have lugs around the winder - maybe I've been around Subs too long :)

The date window is very subtle on that - I had to look a couple of times before I spotted it. Seems unusual for that style of case not to have lugs around the winder - maybe I've been around Subs too long :)

It is a remake of Oris's own diver from the 60s. - They went through considerable trouble to replicate their design tastefully, including the alu Bezel insert (they couldn't make a ceramic version which looked close enough) and the strongly domed crystal. Oris usually use ceramic bezel inserts afaik. - The lack of crown guards is explained because of this remake brief. It also has 'only' 100m w/resistance, as per original and has a screw in crown. - The metal bracelet has rivets which harks back to the 60's and adds another unique (imho) touch to the individual design, different from many others.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/editors-pick-the-oris-divers-sixty-five/

If I read like an Oris Salesman, I will reserve judgement until I have it. - Should I like the watch I am tempted to also get either the black rubber or Nato strap.

We'll see :)

I think it could look really well on either the rubber, or a black NATO. 'Twould complement the black face very well, with the nicely matt finished steel body between the two.

Nice find with that Oris, lovely looking watch.
If you're going to consider alternative straps, have a look at Erika's Originals MN straps. I have a couple (the vintage and trident models) and find them to be incredibly comfortable, and go well with the watches I'm using them on.

I knew I had seen something very similar to that Oris before..

On PFM:

My wife bought me another watch which is a nice retro diver from Oris, really pleased with it.

IMG_0939.jpg

Nice find with that Oris, lovely looking watch.
If you're going to consider alternative straps, have a look at Erika's Originals MN straps. I have a couple (the vintage and trident models) and find them to be incredibly comfortable, and go well with the watches I'm using them on.
Very nice

Looking to get a Datejust 41, plain bezel oyster strap, the problem is I cant decide between blue face or silver

advertisement

Back