advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Swamp Thing, thanks! According to the metadata I took it way back in February 2015 - which surprises me, as I didn't think I'd been doing this nocturnus project for that long. As for Transpennine, I've heard that they will be back offering a service on the west coast mainline December 2018 (subject to timetable)

Thanks Amar - it's one I found from our Easter holiday in N Yorks back in 2015. :)

Although I've never been brave enough to play with Photoshop, whilst it's not really 'awkward' as such, I'm finding the C1 UI takes some getting used to. Being able to whizz around LR6 fairly happily, Capture One's different approach (especially the use of layers) has slowed things down considerably. Hopefully this will improve - or at least become more familiar over time. I do love its RAW conversions though and the colour profile adjustment is wonderful (I've got to 'big it up' since spending out on it!) :D

I'm having exactly the experience here. I'm wondering if a hybrid approach (RAW conversion in C1 followed by everything else in LR / PS) might be the way to go (if a bit clunky). Hadn't realised you'd bought it. Judging by the results you are getting it definitely looks like a good decision!

I had to stop on the way to work today when I drove past this dead tree. Shame I only had my phone with me. I will have to return with the 'big camera' one day :)

Medusa by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Lefty

Amar that's gorgeous! The S9+ is obviously a mean bit of kit, and (personally) the phone's sensor, whilst not having the clout of the big cameras', it really brings out the analogue painting in this image.

image.php

Amar that's gorgeous! The S9+ is obviously a mean bit of kit, and (personally) the phone's sensor, whilst not having the clout of the big cameras', it really brings out the analogue painting in this image.

Thanks Richard! :)

I tried to use it like my big camera for the first time (shot in RAW and then processed in LR on my computer). Agree with what you say - whilst it doesn't have the raw technical prowess of something like the A7rII, it has a quality all of its own which is equally valid in the artistic sense. Might have to complete the process and print this later :)

some reflection shots from a secret spot i have revisited this week...

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

You're sounding more like a landscape photographer by the day ;)

Nice set of images.

Lefty

You're sounding more like a landscape photographer by the day ;)

someone may need to orchestrate an intervention soon. also, let me remind you that you are the "pusher" here and will have to be dealt with accordingly too.

Nice set of images.

thanks. i think it may get better though. i've jumped the gun a bit: autumn has been somewhat mild and there is still a lot of green. the truly spectacular colours are still a week or so away.

someone may need to orchestrate an intervention soon. also, let me remind you that you are the "pusher" here and will have to be dealt with accordingly too.

thanks. i think it may get better though. i've jumped the gun a bit: autumn has been somewhat mild and there is still a lot of green. the truly spectacular colours are still a week or so away.

Guilty as charged :D

That's more landscape photographer speak right there - 'autumn has been somewhat mild and there is still a lot of green. the truly spectacular colours are still a week or so away'

Ouch! What happened? Hope all's ok?

I've been stalking this tree for a while now, but just haven't been able to pull together a coherent image. I'm pleased to say my struggle came to an end this morning with the arrival of perfect conditions. All of sudden a multitude of compositions revealed themselves to me. Needless to say, I took full advantage and took lots of photos. This is probably my favourite :)

Sovereign by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Sony A7rII / Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8

Lefty

That's more landscape photographer speak right there - 'autumn has been somewhat mild and there is still a lot of green. the truly spectacular colours are still a week or so away'

oh no!!! how is this possible? i haven't even done the standard luminist kitsch thing!

just take me out back of the barn and...

Ouch! What happened? Hope all's ok?

he seems to need a macro lens.

btw--is that pete's bike? i had no idea. he seems well enough to post, so we can assume things are not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back