advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

matthewr

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld
I find myself watching it more and more and there are a number of people I look forward to producing a new video in much the same way as TV used to work.

Post your recommendations here!

HBomberguy who mostly gives right wing internet loonies a good kicking.

Philiosophy Tube. I learnt a lot. And if you watch enough of it eventually you can (maybe, sort of) understand Hegel.

Excellent idea for a thread. I’m such a nerd I just watch Stereophile, Analog Planet, Andertons, That Pedal Show, HiViNyws, Classic Game Room, various random things about vintage synths and vintage computers etc.

Excellent idea for a thread. I’m such a nerd I just watch Stereophile, Analog Planet, Andertons, That Pedal Show, HiViNyws, Classic Game Room, various random things about vintage synths and vintage computers etc.

If you like Classic Games, I recently went down the Speedrunning rabbit hole. A surprisingly interesting subject!

Harry’s Garage - a really nice bloke who reviews exotic cars. It’s what Top Gear ought to be but never will. I am not what’s known as a petrolhead either.

Techmoan - reviews odd (and not so odd) consumer technology. The last video I watched was of a US company issuing LPs with video embedded on them.

Norman’s Rare Guitars - as a total bozo when it comes to playing guitar I drool every week at at least one of the classic guitars. It’s a daily show, so something for everyone.

Andertons - not keen on super smug Chapman who isn’t as funny as he thinks he is. Danish Pete is the real star sidekick.

Forgot to mention, if your an old computer bod (computer or bod can be old) take a look at Computer Chronicals. This was originally a weekly West Coast computer programme in the 80s and 90s. It’s somewhat sobering to see people enthusing over something very, very crude, but that’s what it was like back then.

I like Analog Planet and HiViHyws, even if I don’t always agree with Ian’s findings, I respect him massively and he’s a cracking bloke and finds time to talk with anyone, the world needs more people like him. I like to watch Paul McGowan of PS Audio’s videos, he comes across as an honest and well meaning guy, very friendly. I watch Steve Guttenberg (the Audiophiliac) too. I don’t always agree with everything they say but they far from being heretical imo and produce some interesting and thought provoking content.

I’m also a bit of a vintage computing nerd (although my oldest computer is a 2008 24” iMac which is still in daily service on my electronics workbench). I like the 8bit guy and Lazy Game Reviews, they produce some great content.

Norman’s Rare Guitars - as a total bozo when it comes to playing guitar I drool every week at at least one of the classic guitars. It’s a daily show, so something for everyone..
Yes, like this one, but why does that not-Norm chap have to shout at the camera all the time...

As well as the HIFI/computer stuff mentioned above, I love these;

Techmoan, I’m sure many here will be aware of his channel, lots of retro, odd/quirky/failed but very interesting tech presented in a riveting way by a real nice guy.

Harry’s Garage, founder and ex editor of Evo magazine, interested in all things motoring and a real gent, he’s a mate of James May and some of his cars have actually been featured on Top Gear.

Mighty Car Mods, Even though I’m not the kind of person to race around in a modified (I lie, I daily a MK4 Golf GTI with uprated brakes, suspension, turbo and a remap)... looks stock though. Anyway, I’m a big kid and I love watching their antics and daft humour.

Hoovies Garage, Tyler Hoovies car collection is something to behold, he has penchant for old Mercs but he’s got or has had all kinds of weird and wonderful (or not so wonderful) stuff. He has mixed luck with his purchases but it’s all very entertaining, if sometimes rather sad. He bought a Bentley continental that was a total basket case, a high mileage 996 C4 which blew its engine, he did a Renegade engine conversion which cost more than it would have cost to put an fully rebuilt Porsche engine in, and promptly shat it out on a track... and he bought a beautiful black Ferrari 355 which burst into flames unexpectedly in the hands of another YouTuber... but he doesn’t dwell too much, he just makes content out of it and moves onto the next project.

Tavarish, takes on some ambitious restoration projects and does everything on a budget, the biggest so far being a fire damaged Lamborghini Gallardo with a Twin Turbo conversion, it looked like a total basket case in the beginning but it’s pretty much done now with only a new rear bumper needing to be sprayed and fitted. He’s bought Tyler Hoovies Ferrari 355 to restore, I’ll be amazed if he makes a road worth car from the ashes of that but then, he knows what he’s doing.

Nick Murray, big Porsche enthusiast but an incredibly likeable guy, reviews various cars, helicopters, some fixed wing aircraft, loves dogs and stuffed gorillas, has a cute sister, great taste in music and makes hilarious videos out of hate comments left on his other videos. One of my favourite YouTubers, as much for his likeable personality as his content.

Colin Furze, the deranged plumber... he’s a real life crazy inventor, his videos aren’t massively frequent or even long, but he puts so much work into them, I doubt he could post more than he does. Massively entertaining stuff.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back