advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+6)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ET - you can't honestly think this is good place to be in.
Three questions:
How long since negotiations began?
How long to go?
What has been achieved so far?

Of course I don't. This government is utterly useless.

Worse than that, I also think that May is duplicitous, so I suspect that I think they are useless for not quite the same reason as you do.

BJ wrote an article for the Barclays this morning in which he once again, quite rightly, castigated Chequers. May has come back and said that it is Chequers or 'hard Brexit', that's the choice.

This is of course cobblers. She could go for Canada or Norway/EEA/EFTA, but she wants Chequers because it effectively represents remaining in the EU, and remaining has always been her intention. I think we're all being played for fools.

EEA/EFTA is achievable. I think that to some large extent (though not entirely) it fulfils the Brexit that I imagined. I said from the beginning that we would have to accept immigration, and we would have to pay in.

Simon Jenkins missing the point (as so many UK people do) that the debate over Chequers isn’t just about the Conservatives. He also peddles the falacy that ‘it’s the only deal in town’.

The EU has plenty of ‘deals’. What a pointless article.

Stephen

It's a T May special on the BBC today. The lunchtime news featured her being interviewed by former Oxford University Toryboy Nick Robinson. This is to prepare us for her Chequers, "And oh much more than this I did it my way," pronouncement on Panorama tonight.

The BBC kindly featured some immigration hating Burnley supporters who want Brexit right now. The Corporation is trying to sell us the Chequers or no deal Brexit line, while keeping May in power.

I was washing up and so tuned out of a lot of the BBC's blah blah blah. What I did catch is you can buy a house in Bulgaria for 2,000 quid and some people would be happy to get rid of their British passport for an EU one.

I'd gladly get shot of my British passport for an EU one - if there is such a thing - if I could hold onto my forthcoming pension and still use the NHS and other services. The chances of that I imagine would be extremely slim.

A mate of mine is at a property auction in London at the moment. He has texted me that a flat in north Wales has just gone for 30 grand. There is a future outside of England, which is great since the place is full of Brexiteer racists.

Jack

It's a T May special on the BBC today. The lunchtime news featured her being interviewed by former Oxford University Toryboy Nick Robinson. This is to prepare us for her Chequers, "And oh much more than this I did it my way," pronouncement on Panorama tonight.

The BBC kindly featured some immigration hating Burnley supporters who want Brexit right now. The Corporation is trying to sell us the Chequers or no deal Brexit line, while keeping May in power.

I was washing up and so tuned out of a lot of the BBC's blah blah blah. What I did catch is you can buy a house in Bulgaria for 2,000 quid and some people would be happy to get rid of their British passport for an EU one.

I'd gladly get shot of my British passport for an EU one - if there is such a thing - if I could hold onto my forthcoming pension and still use the NHS and other services. The chances of that I imagine would be extremely slim.

A mate of mine is at a property auction in London at the moment. He has texted me that a flat in north Wales has just gone for 30 grand. There is a future outside of England, which is great since the place is full of Brexiteer racists.

Jack

I saw a bit of this on the lunchtime news. The BBC’s transformation into state broadcaster appears to be complete. When May said it was a choice between her deal and no deal, Robinson should have called bullshit. The executive can’t constrain Parliament in this way. (https://mobile.twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1041586446031831040/photo/2)

A mate of mine is at a property auction in London at the moment. He has texted me that a flat in north Wales has just gone for 30 grand.
Jack
No need to leave England. I saw an ad for a 3 bed terrace in Grimsby for £40-45k. Not a bad looking place, in working order, quiet area, with a little garden. A short stroll to the marina. Yes, Grimsby does have a marina, not just a few docks.

It's Chequers Propaganda Day https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/1041705574751240193

I think we can expect Panorama to offer 29 minutes and 55 seconds of Nick Robinson bowling May easy full tosses so she can bat back how we must all get behind Chequers, offset by 5 seconds where Robinson asks a solitary 'difficult' question. Something along the lines of "But, Prime Minister. Tell me. Surely Chequers isn't really as fantastic as it seems?"

I don't know if this has been mentioned before. Too late perhaps?

https://endthechaos.co.uk

Gina Miller has launched a campaign to end the division and anxiety over Brexit with a new fact-checking website.

Launching the campaign in the leave heartland of Dover, Miller said she hoped the End the Chaoswebsite and a series of nationwide events would act as a foil to the false claims and counter-claims that characterised the EU referendum in 2016.

Miller said her website would be open source and a transparent platform for local councils, business and academics who wanted to get their impact studies into the public domain.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...xit-divisions-fact-checking-website-poisonous

A good idea, but I wonder how many Brexiters will take any notice? Can't have these facts getting in the way. You've gotta have faith.

End the Crazy Hideous Age Of Stupid

I saw a bit of this on the lunchtime news. The BBC’s transformation into state broadcaster appears to be complete. When May said it was a choice between her deal and no deal, Robinson should have called bullshit. The executive can’t constrain Parliament in this way. (https://mobile.twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1041586446031831040/photo/2)

You're right, Robinson should have questioned May about it. He smiled at her and nodded encouragingly instead.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back