• Yes they do make a difference

Votes: 145 39.8%
  • No they don't make a difference

Votes: 166 45.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 53 14.6%

• Total voters
They make a difference to my ears.

There is an audible difference (improvement) even with products that state that the cable does not matter - such as my Teddy XPS. Go figure

You better tell teddy he'll be horrified.

Steely Dan, The Royal Scam, especially The Fez

If you have thoughts, observations, experiences stimulated by a change in Mains cable(s) yours or someone else’s please share them here you are in good company. A lot of others have that cable or ‘what the’ moment

I really like it. It is an entirely different presentation from the chord/ atc combo in that its not as incisive but I’m listening to more music so there must be something in that. I can’t place it in the naim separates hierarchy but it’s a nice listen than an xs2 I had some yrs ago.

Indeed, the thread has become somthing of a Troll magnet. As for Neil Young, personally, one is more than sufficient.

Not so fast, braid breath!

I don't always go full cable retard (never, in fact), but if and when I do it's 100% Corinthian carbon fiber weave over my end bits to prevent soundstage sabotaging, inky black blocking, liquid high hijinking, mendacious masturbatory midrange malfeasance and permafrost-proof climate change calamity conducive Fantastical Flux™ Flummoxing Foo from Furutech!

furutech_fi-50mr_original_.jpg

Really can't be arsed reading through this. Any Naim fanboys exalting their new overpriced cables over the kettle leads that came as freebies?
I seriously doubt if half the naysayers have experienced more than a couple of cables? I'd agree some of the pricing is utterly ridiculous, well lets face it, when an 11K turntable gets reviewed as ok for mid priced, the lunatics have taken over the Asylum. I made a wage buying and selling cables from the States for three years until used car salesmen realised there were suckers abounding to be fleeced. Do they sound different, if they don't, then your systems not good enough to hear the differences they can make, whether for good or bad. Do they all sound the same, not unless your deaf.Cue, a wires a wires a wire and my system is badly designed, bollocks, I'd put it against most of the 100K crap I've had the misfortune to sit in front of. Physics? a manky unterminated Shunyata against the not cheap Russ Andrews stuff in place brought the musicians into the room. Ultraglides made it obvious the superiority of ribbon cables, ludicrously priced things that did not work to power the whole system sounded amazing on the cd player but couldn't justify bankruptcy. The same dealers who said foo to isolation, racks and cables... all changed their tune when the foo hit silly money to be made. No point making a system sound as good as it should when encouraging box swapping but when you get loons spending 30K on a cd player or turntable, why not skin them for all their worth,lol

Yes but ……

I don't think price has anything to do with it, it's just a slightly random thing.

I've certainly heard minor differences between standard IEC type mains leads and selected some over others on the basis of preference with some items of kit.

Not the slightest bit interested in spending £50, £100 or £500 on a mains lead though, fiver's my limit!

So your not sure what your saying cause you have no experience of what your talking about, par for the course!

advertisement

Back