advertisement

Trump Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

Blackbeard's former bo'sun.
My fear is that Trump’s base, seeing him besieged, comes out in force for the midterms and there is no change.

Keep in mind that Trump's base is about 10% smaller than the total number of Trump voters from 2016.

Yes, there is about a third of the US that will stick with Trump no matter what. But there is at least 10% of the country that is persuadable - the typical suburban family, college educated, many of whom are Republican in name only. The wives and mothers in those families are now leaning away from Trump because don't like infidelity and corruption.

A recent example was a special election in Columbus, Ohio, where registered Republicans outnumber registered Dems by 2-1, and where Trump won by double digits. The Republicans retained the seat for a few months (until November) with a win by just 1%! This does not bode well for the GOP in November, and especially in districts with similar demographics.

It is a literal witch hunt against Trump. But the hunters are the witches. They are using actual witchcraft. :eek:

i read that the democrats have to win by 7-8% in congressional elections just to break even, due to population distribution and gerrymandering. the poles show democrats leading by 9-10%. 60% percent of the senate represents 24% of the populous. in other words, the minority rules.

This clip from Fox is rather telling.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/1032603360057151488

Number one, you can't impeach someone who's doing a great job. Number two, if Trump were impeached the markets would crash because without his brain and its thinking you would see numbers you wouldn't believe. Believe me. Number three, if Hilary had won we'd see negative growth.

Joe

This clip from Fox is rather telling.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/1032603360057151488

Number one, you can't impeach someone who's doing a great job. Number two, if Trump were impeached the markets would crash because without his brain and its thinking you would see numbers you wouldn't believe. Believe me. Number three, if Hilary had won we'd see negative growth.

Joe

joe.

i'm finding this all difficult to follow and i need bill maher's guide to perky blonde fox new presenters.

Vuk,

She's one of the friends at Fox and Friends, a morning news show featuring hard-hitting objective journalism at its finest.

3946HYc.png

Joe

My fear is that Trump’s base, seeing him besieged, comes out in force for the midterms and there is no change.

I think that depends on the meaning of "change." It's never a popular sentiment, but I say it every cycle: Even if the democrats take both houses, nothing resembling meaningful, sensible, and certainly not progressive legislation will happen; those in the party now loudly denouncing Trump will be the first to adorn themselves in the same old rank horseshit of olive branch bipartisanship.

And while they're all rolling around in that tired schtick, we'll have battles over the rollbacks of Trump's rollbacks, along with mini scandals galore, to keep them busy doing nothing substantive. The ACA may go back to what it was before Trump. But then the endless wars, wealth disparity, dearth of climate legislation, crumbling infrastructure ... on and on and on, will continue unabated. Same as it ever was.

It never ceases to confound me how people cannot for their lives realize the scale of the contagion that is the two-party racket.

I think that depends on the meaning of "change." It's never a popular sentiment, but I say it every cycle: Even if the democrats take both houses, nothing resembling meaningful, sensible, and certainly not progressive legislation will happen; those in the party now loudly denouncing Trump will be the first to adorn themselves in the same old rank horseshit of olive branch bipartisanship.

And while they're all rolling around in that tired schtick, we'll have battles over the rollbacks of Trump's rollbacks, along with mini scandals galore, to keep them busy doing nothing substantive. The ACA may go back to what it was before Trump. But then the endless wars, wealth disparity, dearth of climate legislation, crumbling infrastructure ... on and on and on, will continue unabated. Same as it ever was.

It never ceases to confound me how people cannot for their lives realize the scale of the contagion that is the two-party racket.
+1000000!

This gallery reminded me of the rolling credits for Dallas, with the mug shots of JR, Sue-Ellen and Bobby.

ifrkwh.jpg

Do you think the Federal Bureau of Prisons will let Manafort take his Ostrich outfit and hair dye in with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back