advertisement

Trump Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also looking forward to his defence asking that both women he paid off prove they had sex with him. I’m thinking the anatomical characteristics evidence that only someone who’d seen the organs in question would know about. I don’t think “tiny” will cut it- that’s seems to be known by millions.

The anatomical term you are looking for is chode.

What really amazes me in all of this is how people still support Trump and think he's the good guy.

A good example. We were at a family celebration a few weeks ago. Local businessman I was talking to (who I'd previously assumed was pretty bright) said of Trump "We (him and his wife) really like him"

I asked him what he liked about him. "He says the things the rest of us are thinking"

I quickly pulled him up with "I've never, ever thought ANYTHING close to the things Trump says"

Embarrassed silence round the room after that.

I had a discussion with a family member about Trump last weekend and his view on Trump is that 'his heart is in the right place'

I couldn't believe it. He is a bit racist and a xenophobe though, so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised.

Should we dare to hope this is the beginning of the end? His loyalists will go crazy because he’s a martyr and took on the establishment”. They have a lot of guns and a taste for lynching.

Can't remember where I read it but I heard his regime characterised as mafia government. Such a good descriptor; how he sees himself, how he sees leadership, the slease, the whole feel of the Whitehouse. I still struggle to believe it has actually happened.

What really amazes me in all of this is how people still support Trump and think he's the good guy.

A good example. We were at a family celebration a few weeks ago. Local businessman I was talking to (who I'd previously assumed was pretty bright) said of Trump "We (him and his wife) really like him"

I asked him what he liked about him. "He says the things the rest of us are thinking"

I quickly pulled him up with "I've never, ever thought ANYTHING close to the things Trump says"

Embarrassed silence round the room after that.
Yea, I saw similar examples of cognitive dissonance on some Youtube videos of visits to Trump supporters 1 year after his election:
- they don't watch MSM & so what gets us excited is completely invisible to them
- most maintain that he is a businessman & so will get things done (I understand how sick with politicians they are but betting on a failed businessman who's only revenue stream has been laundered money for a number of decades, is missing with them)
- They believe he is a strong leader & yet don't see his many international & local about-face (or walkbacks as the say in the US)
- I even saw one of them stating "Black Lives matter" (under Obama) as the other side of the coin to "White Supremacy" (under Trump) - I mean FFS

Was discussing this with a neighbour yesterday. He's been to the States many times. I haven't. He explained to me that in many parts of the US, pepople don't even grasp what's going on in the next town, never mind what is happening nationally and internationally. What they see is not what we see. He also told me that most people will not get into a political discussion with a stranger.

Yet, it seems perfectly normal (and legal) to some over there to stand about outside a Mosque, carrying a gun, and to harass and harangue Muslims with accusations of terrorist sympathies, paedophilia etc., etc.

The main message I receive is one of a seriously dysfunctional nation. Even more worrying.. what happens in America today......

Yeah, that's the monkey! Good article I think.
I'm not so sure about that. Trump openly cultivates comparisons of himself with a Mafia boss, and I think his core support is also quite enamoured of that notion: "He's a hard man, and rough around the edges but he gets stuff done and he's making America great again". Blah blah blah... Blame it on decades of glamourising the Mafia (and violence generally) in films and on TV.

That said, this is good (and chilling):
Americans need to guard against an authoritarian impulse whose existence in their body politic is now demonstrably real. A survey this month found that 43% of Republicans were willing to give Trump the power to close down media organisations, while a separate poll a year ago found 52% would support “postponing” the 2020 election if Trump proposed it. Among all Americans, support for rule by the army – as opposed to elected politicians – is unusually high, with nearly one in five in favour.

A better tactic, which would stand more chance of peeling off Trump's support, would be to argue that underneath the bluster and the bravado, he's a weak, frightened, cowardly individual. Maybe he'll cry like a baby when the cuffs finally click around his wrists and the spell will be broken.

This just in:

Michael Cohen’s lawyer Lanny Davis has come out all guns blazing on a tour of the broadcast studios in the US today. He has reiterated the guilt of the president regarding the hush money paid to two women, and stressed his client possesses information about Russian interference that would be of interest to investigators.

“The president of the United States directed him to commit a crime meaning the president committed the crime and covered it up because he didn’t sign the cheque to keep quiet the affairs with the two women,” Davis says, explaining what Cohen told the court under oath yesterday.

Just to add to MVV's post above, the full quote from today's Graudiad, my emphasis at the end. He's trying to take Trump down…

Michael Cohen’s lawyer Lanny Davis has come out all guns blazing on a tour of the broadcast studios in the US today. He has reiterated the guilt of the president regarding the hush money paid to two women, and stressed his client possesses information about Russian interference that would be of interest to investigators.

“The president of the United States directed him to commit a crime meaning the president committed the crime and covered it up because he didn’t sign the cheque to keep quiet the affairs with the two women,” Davis says, explaining what Cohen told the court under oath yesterday.

“There’s no dispute on the word ‘direction’, his attorneys wrote the special counsel.”

He told the Today Show that Cohen has turned his life around “from what he did for Donald Trump, much of which he now regrets”.

Emphasising that not only is Cohen not hoping for a pardon from Donald Trump, which would exonerate him of any future charges, Davis said he would not accept one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back