advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict the following managers will be sacked/flounce before season end, in no particular order.

Neil Warnock
Jose Mourinho
David Wagner
Rafael Benitez
Javier Garcia

Did you get decent odds at the bookie? ;)

Of course. :D

Mind you Sarri has said Chelsea won't function properly for a while. “I think we have to work, but we started to work [together] two days ago. Potentially, in two or three months, we can become a very good team.”

At least we've got a realist in charge.

Jack

I predict the following managers will be sacked/flounce before season end, in no particular order.

Neil Warnock
Jose Mourinho
David Wagner
Rafael Benitez
Javier Garcia
I think Wagner will get an offer from whoever else sacks their manager first. Incredible performance last season, and shaped by him. Rather more impressive than his former master Klopp.

Chelsea have spent a world record amount on a goalkeeper. Could be right Jack, about Chelsea not functioning properly for a while.

Neil Warnock
Jose Mourinho
David Wagner
Rafael Benitez
Javier Garcia

I doubt rafa will leave before the end of the season as he'll incur a £6 million clause... but when the season ends he'll be gone..

Liverpool and City compete for the league 1st and 2nd places.
FA and League Cup....who cares
Liverpool go deep in the Champions League again.

Much whining in Manchester and Mourinho sacked before Xmas. Joy to the world!

So what if Mourinho goes before Christmas, Rafa gets really fed up with the owners at Newcastle and joins Man United?

From NUFC to MUFC, as long as Zidane doesn’t get in the way.

So what if Mourinho goes before Christmas, Rafa gets really fed up with the owners at Newcastle and joins Man United?

From NUFC to MUFC, as long as Zidane doesn’t get in the way.

FACT

The problems at United are much deeper than the coach. They are structural. There seems to be no long term plan of where the club wants to go. Signings seem to be knee jerk reactions or desperation buys as transfer windows close. They never stop telling everyone they are the richest club in the world in which case their unwillingness to compete for the best players suggests the Glazers are more interested in their annual profit scalping than success on the field. Ed Woodward talks about what a good year they had last year and uses increased Facebook and Twitter presence as evidence! He should be concentrating on bringing in the players asked for rather than preening over the latest noodle sponsorship.

I sadly think that if United stick with Mourinho we will be fact.

Or close to that at least.

We might have signed the most expensive goalkeeper in the world, but Kepa Arrizabalaga looks like the real deal for Chelsea. No wonder Sarri wanted to get him for Napoli and Spanish fans wish he'd played at The World Cup in Russia instead of flaccid de Gea.

Below is a collection of Kepa saves and there are some spectacular ones, although the accompanying music is rubbish.

Certainly glad Courtois has gone. Drinkwater might return to Leicester, which is fitting because he has never fitted in at Chelsea.

Jack

Kepa's far better looking than Courtois too. Glad we won't have to look at that giraffe neck week in week out anymore

43229050774_04b04f6805_c.jpg

View from behind the goal at Stamford Bridge last season

Remember this?

“What the transfer deadline gives you is a clear indication of which are the badly run football clubs!!!”

Gary Neville August 31 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back