advertisement

Music you dislike

'You better run for life if you can girl
Hide your head in the sand girl
Catch you with another man
That's the end, little girl'.

Not to mention Maxwell and his sodding Silver Hammer.

Most of the DeAgostini jazz collection I foolishly subscribed to before jumping off.

!!! or chk chk chk or what ever they call themselves. Just don't get them or what genre they're trying to fall into. Oh and modern R&B. I pretty much like everything else apart from choral classical fluffy jolly stuff. Never really got the Beatles either. Catchy tunes from a boyband, nothing that gives your soul an emotional hit through memorable songwriting. Much prefer the Stones.

For me, it's opera, though 'hate' is too strong a term. I just switch the radio off when it comes on. Same goes for the Archers theme tune.

Reactions: GJO
This should lift my ratings in the popularity charts. Presume you can hate more than one

Kate Bush (not the one on springwatch)
Bill Wyman
Morrisey (until I found out his politics)
Pink floyd without Syd
Heavy prog music

There are more but for the sake of this communities goodwill, that will suffice.

Bloss

I can’t really think of any genre at all. I was going to say jingoistic nationalist music (national anthems, Land Of Hope And Glory etc), but I like the South African anthem and I love Stockhausen’s Hymnen that used them all as raw materials so I can’t even exclude that.

I can’t really think of any genre at all. I was going to say jingoistic nationalist music (national anthems, Land Of Hope And Glory etc), but I like the South African anthem and I love Stockhausen’s Hymnen that used them all as raw materials so I can’t even exclude that.

All the new stuff around atm where they feel the need to sing* with a strange non discript accent utter tripe.

*I use that word very loosely... all about da bass is a good example.:mad::mad:

That's incredibly simplistic and dismissive.
Yes you could argue there is some glorification but the majority of it comes from a lifestyle that you or I can barely comprehend, good and bad.

It's like saying the Beatles only sing about drugs.

Correct it is a lifestyle that IMO has nothing to do with music, more to do with drugs, crime, violence, knifes, guns,gang membership and a lifestyle choice based on this. I have never heard of another genre of (loosely termed music) with so many of its's so called stars involved in shootings, stabbings of each other, which in turn is listened to by the younger members of society who look up to these low life idiots.

Correct it is a lifestyle that IMO has nothing to do with music, more to do with drugs, crime, violence, knifes, guns,gang membership and a lifestyle choice based on this. I have never heard of another genre of (loosely termed music) with so many of its's so called stars involved in shootings, stabbings of each other, which in turn is listened to by the younger members of society who look up to these low life idiots.

Maybe 'lifestyle' was a bad choice or words - maybe 'life' would have been more appropriate.
You may not like the music but you aren't coming across too well here.
If I look up to Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Syd Barrett, John Lennon etc. do these not also qualify as 'low life idiots' if they're being used as a barometer of acceptable social behaviour?

Maybe 'lifestyle' was a bad choice or words - maybe 'life' would have been more appropriate.
You may not like the music but you aren't coming across too well here.
If I look up to Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Syd Barrett, John Lennon etc. do these not also qualify as 'low life idiots' if they're being used as a barometer of acceptable social behaviour?
They never turned guns or knives on each other or encouraged others to do so.

You say i am not coming across to well here, can I ask why, am I saying anything that is not true?
The guys you mentioned always campaigned for peace, tolerance,etc as far as i know never encouraged violence towards their fellow man.

Can't say I hate any music, just not to my personal taste but if said band or musician produced something I enjoyed, would gladly buy it or stream it or whatever these days.

They never turned guns or knives on each other or encouraged others to do so.

You say i am not coming across to well here, can I ask why, am I saying anything that is not true?
The guys you mentioned always campaigned for peace, tolerance,etc as far as i know never encouraged violence towards their fellow man.

And did a shit load of drugs and in some cases overdosed or committed suicide - not a great life lesson for my kids.

Politely, your view is a little stereotypical is all - a couple of high profile incidents has meant a sweeping generalisation on a whole genre.
You're not into rap and therefore I can't expect you to be aware of artists that don't make national headlines, and that's the point - just read up a little before tarring everyone with the same brush.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...nded-violent-crime-united-states-sort/356783/

This should put me on desert island.
Jazz. Again hate is too strong, somewhere between don't appreciate and find annoying.
I do like jazz influenced music however.
Trad. Jazz for me is boring and free jazz unbearable.
If some e.g. classic Miles Davis flows forth from the radio a quick change of station or the off button are my friends.

Reactions: MVJ

advertisement

Back