advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+5)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UKIP leader Gerard Batten has written to Theresa May:

DhqG-XwW0AEnewk.jpg:large

She's finished!

Treeza will never survive this.

From the same bloke: "Source close to Boris tells me the Foreign Sec’s resignation is still in play. Sounds as if he still hasn’t yet decided what to do, but if he goes other ministers would follow." https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1016292027892424705

Hasn't decided what to do = Checking for support and thinking what's best for Boris' dream of becoming Prime Minister. Is now too soon or does he take his chance if he can get the numbers?

I

I agree and I think it is looking increasingly likely some form of second vote will happen in the end, ideally a GE. If not I really don't think our current crop of political leaders have the ability to manage it with any degree of sensitivity.

I also agree that the language of remain has to change not so much here but in the wider public conversation. I also genuinely think that when the Labour Party are elected they will address the underlying concerns driving the leave vote. I don't have any sympathy for the middle class conservative Brexit voter and look forward to the squealing when not only are they 'betrayed' on Brexit but they get to pay for cleaning up the mess that drove it.
A GE isn't ideal, hell, it's not any good at all. We need a referendum. I might very well vote Labour with the issue of a referendum out the way - but absolutely not on the current trajectory.

A GE isn't ideal, hell, it's not any good at all. We need a referendum. I might very well vote Labour with the issue of a referendum out the way - but absolutely not on the current trajectory.

A vote 'not' for Labour is a vote for the Tories.

You do realise that?

So, Mad Mrs May's address to the nation after the Chequers meeting was a total lie. There was no unity. There was no agreement. She's done for surely?

The corpulent, idle liar isn’t cut out for the backbenches, he’ll piss off to The Spectator if he can’t get into No.10 and which new leader is going to give him a job?

Rats indeed. If they'd ever had any integrity they should have resigned at the Chequers meeting and sent for Taxis. The fact they waited until today demonstrates more than ever this is an out-of-control Tory war, and the whole of the UK is acceptable collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back