advertisement

What are you listening to right now #54

Status
Not open for further replies.

robs

should know how this works by no
Moved on.. Miles Davis -
Filmore East 1970...the transition, maybe the first 3 minutes from Directions into Spanish Key on the first CD is just one of the best bits of music ever! I never get tired of listening to it...they are soooo enjoying it.
And loud..it is just sublime..

It's 34 degrees on the patio. 38 in the kitchen. I'm in my den. Back of the house. Curtains closed. Insect repellant on.

Leon Vynehall - Nothing Is Still.
Lush, downtempo loveliness that is totally hitting the spot right now.

Rush - Rush.

Loud...very loud.

Expecting the neighbors to knock on the door. But won't be able to hear them of course...;)

I think I'm going to ask the rest of the household to stay away for longer...

Not exactly sure how many G&Ts now.. :rolleyes:

Music is so vital, irrespective of what you like or don't...(G&T speaking)

Rise of the Champion Nation by Heavyweight Dub Champion - https://heavyweightdubchampion.bandcamp.com/

a2411393837_10.jpg

Seen these guys live a few times, high point is “Destroy the Industry

Now is the time - Nightmares on Wax. Perfect hot sunny lazy afternoon with cold beer album...

Finally turned up today. Yay!

7710-large_default.jpg

May take a few listens to see how it compares to the 40th anniversary remaster.

I just spent the evening playing 1 track from all my vinyl beginning with I.

I am now watching the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band 40th Anniversary DVD from the Astoria.

I’m in the mood.

I shall probably end the evening with the DVD of Dexys “One Day I’m Going to Soar.”

I shall probably end the evening with the DVD of Dexys “One Day I’m Going to Soar.”

Do you like this Dexys album? I love it and keep returning to it. The missus cannot abide his voice though. I have played it aboot once a month since I got it (when it came out)

Do you like this Dexys album? I love it and keep returning to it. The missus cannot abide his voice though. I have played it aboot once a month since I got it (when it came out)

Superb!
I’m just sorry I didn’t get to see them do it live.

James Holden and the animal spirits
Animal spirits

Much more free form and ‘going for it’ than the James Holden of The Inheritors and the minimal filled out electronics loops of The Idiots Are Winning. I do like it, it gets pretty wild in places... Pass through the fire... all good meaty psyched out blowout Electronica. If Krautrock came in the room painted in blue warpaint dragging a bagpuss behind it.
James-Holden-The-Animal-Spirits-Pass-Through-The-Fire.png

http://jamesholden.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back