advertisement

What are you listening to right now #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Strokes - 'Is This It' album

U.S. import edition I think. I forget this record, doesn't get many plays. Excellent if in the right mood.

This >>>

Geinoh Yamashirogumi ‎– Akira Symphonic Suite
Label:
Milan ‎– 399 858-2
Format:
2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180 Gram
France
Released:
29 Sep 2017

It is a stunning pressing, soo quiet. If you have not seen the definitive manga film, or never heard this soundtrack? Then you are missing something very special. Magical.

T++ Wireless EP.

https://honestjons.com/shop/preview/36167

Sort of the kind of dub primitivism with African reconstruction that clogs up every single ****ing online artist led music streaming service, except this is better. It has a far deeper and richer methodology than its peers and sits a little apart from the mainstream of Grime meets Jungle meets Breakbeats meets Dub. Strip it all back, to a Basic Channel-esque minimalism with just a hint of the original sounds (and more than a little of the Monolake collab where T++ cut his teeth) and you have this Wireless EP. Really, what's not to like?

Sun Electric - Live Japan 30-7-94

https://boomkat.com/products/30-74-94-live

Lovely live - almost new-age long extended excursions into trance. I was supposed to be working today but I decided not to. The fields are being mown and its a glorious smell I have a fully armed and operational bottle of Estrella here (with lime wedge) and I am not afraid to use it.

Spirit, Feedback. Yes, Randy California wasn't in the group so it isn't really Spirit, but I still have a soft spot for this LP.

Was: Tussle - Warning EP
Now: Tussle - Tempest

Recommended for fans of Liquid Liquid/ESG/that whole punk funk vibe. Tempest is produced by JD Twitch of Optimo.

If you can get tickets for a decent venue when he comes back later in the year - GO!
One of the best shows I've seen in a long time. So good I've got tickets to see him again in Brighton in October (Brighton's way cheaper than seeing him at the O2 btw - on the assumption you're at this end of the country)

Score! The wife just got us tickets for the David Byrne tour > Nottingham. Looking forward to this.

'Superfly' original soundtrack - Curtis Mayfield - on record/canadian import. Smooooooth.

I am alone in the house for a few days (and suddenly realize that it is actually the first time for many years..hmmm...).
I am into my third G&T and listening to Maggot Brain rather louder than I have listened to anything for ages. After Cosmic Slop.
I've only very recently listened to Funkadelic for the first time. Love it. Maybe a decade or two too late to the party...

Firstly it is great.

Secondly, listening to it slightly louder than normal makes it a significantly better experience. The SBLs need to be turned up a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back