advertisement

Any model makers here? This is a nice little add on.

kennyh

pfm Member
I've built a few scratch built models over the years although I'm not a full blown modelist so to speak.

However a mate I know is starting on an unusual diorama and is incorporating this magnorail system in it. Quite a clever piece of kit for anything you'd like to see actually moving.......I was impressed but I love stuff like this anyway....I'll get me coat :)

It's not just for bikes Jon either, boats, planes, cars, animals or anything you can think of really.

That is fantastic, reminds me the opening credits to 'Panic Au Village' which is a hoot of a film

Great stuff, love models.

My father made many, ornamental clocks, musical boxes, O gauge model railways, children's toys. The railway was all scratch built during the Ww2, unfortunately mummy curtailed this after the war as expenses were beyond their means at that time.

Bloss

Nice one Bloss. Some clever people about now too like your Dad, however they now have the benefit of well supported online groups and latest technology. Some incredible models being built by people, simply mind boggling quality.

I started a project 5 years back now and put a few hours in now and then, I then left it for a few years and went back to it this winter when nights were long and TV was crap. Really enjoyed moving it along. Hopefully I'll do finishing touches next winter lol.

Fantastic. But I do want to see those bikes lean into the corners.....I mean, that would be a must if you modelled the TT

I started a project 5 years back now and put a few hours in now and then, I then left it for a few years and went back to it this winter when nights were long and TV was crap. Really enjoyed moving it along. Hopefully I'll do finishing touches next winter lol.

We need a hint kennyh, what is it?

Bloss

Haha, funnily enough a chap from here helped me out with learning photoshop as I needed to use it as part of the build. I'll root an early pic out from 5 years ago:)

Seems almost archaic/tame in comparison. but a nephew of mine has made airfix type kits since he was a kid and is now a leading light in that field. ( As well as some sort of overpaid IT genius)

Fantastic work Mull. Attention to detail is sublime, enjoyed looking at them.
A very difficult skill to master especially the weathering and final detail.
About 5 years ago on a car forum a lad posted that John Lewis were selling off large 1/24 scale Airfix Spitfires that retailed at £100 plus for 19.99p. Well what happened then was amazing, one by one the guys declared they'd bought one, turned out about 50 of us did the same..........and so the competition began.

Jeez I learned so much about the hobby and the actual subject. Turns out a few of the guys were good builders too.
At 1/24th I think it's easier than what your nephew does though.
What amazed me was how much it cost to do a decent job of a 19.99p kit from scratch. I reckon I ended up being in to the model for 300 quid easily by the time I'd finished on add ons, paints and materials..........some guys spent far more.
Took a few winter months to complete and I was pleased with results, however some of the others were incredible.

Thanks again Mull. A pic of my Spitty and some of the ham fisted detailing in comparison to your nephews.

cWsbI6jQ.jpg

A pic of my current project which I mentioned above.
This was in the first week over 5 years ago...........any guesses?;)

4x1_Kuc32.jpg

advertisement

Back