Do Power Cords Make A Difference?

• Yes they do make a difference

Votes: 145 39.8%
  • No they don't make a difference

Votes: 166 45.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 53 14.6%

• Total voters
Not sure but probably not much if any. I have cleaned my amps mains plug and fuse a few times over the years with duraglit and this appeared to be beneficial.

This cable massage.. Is there oil involved? Linn Black... Mitchell Synthetic.. Audiophile Choice PTFE?... just wondering...

Yes, in some circumstances.
A number of years ago I spent an evening making up four mains cables from scratch. The plan was to have then all the correct length with nothing touching the floor and no coils of wire. Just running directly from the sockets to the back of equipment.
Finally I sat back with an expectant smile on my face.
It sounded crap.
Expectation bias?
No.

What you should do is move the equipment far enough from the socket in order to prevent loops, droops, or coils...

No brainer really...

Lol an argument for every “for” comment. Just accept it they can potentially make a difference for good or bad. But a difference they can make.

Why on Earth would I do that?*

If someone on a forum somewhere states that gravity doesn’t exist should I believe that too?

*I’ll caveat that screening (which is available at a very low cost) could conceivably make a difference - though if someone who has relevant credentials tells me otherwise, I’ll likely believe that’s not relevant either.

If someone on a forum somewhere states that gravity doesn’t exist should I believe that too?

*I’ll caveat that screening (which is available at a very low cost) could conceivably make a difference - though if someone who has relevant credentials tells me otherwise, I’ll likely believe that’s not relevant either.
You experience gravity every day. How much experience do you have with power chords?

Guess what....

There you go you suggest screening may make a difference. Good enough for me. Good luck to you Mr Blue

i-like-pancakes-random-30231743-559-297.jpg

tried many many mains cables and i do believe they make a difference , not always good though . i never forget putting some very high end nordost foo cables on my belles amps and it was much thinnier sound than with ordinary decent copper mains cables

I wonder what a ‘thinnier’ sound is...

A recent thread runs to 33 pages on the eternal debate on Power Cords.

I would be interested in a Poll to determine what most people believe.

Now look what you've done..

Still, no doubt Tony will appreciate the extra traffic on the site.

advertisement

Back