advertisement

Trump Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time Trump says he's a smart fella, I think of that scene from The Family Guy.

Joe

TRUMP (British slang term)

“Verb. To break wind from the anus, to 'fart'. E.g."There's a disgusting smell in here. Has someone trumped?"

Noun.

1. An act of breaking wind.

2. The resulting smell of having broke wind from the anus”

TMW2018-06-06color.png

Joe

Some prominent lawyers think that Trump cannot pardon himself.

https://nyti.ms/2xKEIRk

President Trump Thinks He Is a King
By Harry Litman
Mr. Litman is a former United States attorney and deputy assistant attorney general.
This understanding of presidential power is radical and absolutist. It is also unsound and almost certain to be sharply rejected should it ever be proffered in court.

Over the coming years I think we'll find out if the US is a nation of laws or a powerful banana republic.

joe.

i know the new york post kim kardashian cover is a hard act to follow, but that modern world issue doesn't even come close. not one of his better efforts.

Vuk,

I'm not sure I agree, but this comic has nailed — in order — Fox and Accomplices, Trump, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and Sean Insanity.

TMW2018-04-18color.png

Joe

Vuk,
I'm not sure I agree, but this comic has nailed — in order — Fox and Accomplices, Trump, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and Sean Insanity.

the problem with attempting trump humour is that the reality is so comical and absurd to begin with, you don't really have many places to go. "modern world" guy is layering a touch or two of hyperbole on real hyperbole. that isn't really funny -- at least not to me. that's why the NY post is set to win the prize right now. although crass, they were very clever and subtle.

p.s. the tanning eye protector is brilliant, but not enough -- actually would have been enough if that was the main gag.

Melania lives! Rumours she was tied to a radiator in his basement can now happily be discounted.

The Twilight Zone,
According to a pool report, President Trump responded by pointing to a window in the White House residence, and said: “She’s doing great. She’s looking at us right there.”

Reporters turned to look at the spot he indicated, but there was no sign of the first lady.

ehdu2x.jpg

It's worth remembering that in the thirties, Adolf Hitler was referred to by American journalists like this...

This guy is a clown. He's like a caricature of himself.

If you look back to the very beginning of Hitler's rhetoric about Jews for instance, it was all there -- the talk about extermination and vermin. He didn't spell out exactly what would happen in the Holocaust, but he gave a pretty good indication of its overall thrust. When dictators and demagogues assume power and start proclamations, it's historically been a natural reaction to say "Oh, that's just a figure of speech. They don't really mean it. It's just a way to whip up supporters." - whilst at the same time portraying the man responsible as a clown.

At a certain point however, people began to witness things that were unbelievably horrifying. I rather hope we don't get that far but with Americans like Nathan Larson feeling empowered to run for Congress, my feeling is that these are genuinely hopes rather than expectations.

It's worth remembering that in the thirties, Adolf Hitler was referred to by American journalists like this...

If you look back to the very beginning of Hitler's rhetoric about Jews for instance, it was all there -- the talk about extermination and vermin. He didn't spell out exactly what would happen in the Holocaust, but he gave a pretty good indication of its overall thrust. When dictators and demagogues assume power and start proclamations, it's historically been a natural reaction to say "Oh, that's just a figure of speech. They don't really mean it. It's just a way to whip up supporters." - whilst at the same time portraying the man responsible as a clown.

At a certain point however, people began to witness things that were unbelievably horrifying. I rather hope we don't get that far but with Americans like Nathan Larson feeling empowered to run for Congress, my feeling is that these are genuinely hopes rather than expectations.

"Mexico is sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

mcbvhi.jpg

Some things simply will never change. Democracy is a broken system.

The Guardian said:
Trump holds summit with Kim Kardashian West

In all seriousness, if Saturday Night Live had done a sketch featuring that, it would have had the audience in stitches.

I also note he's not commuted any black man's sentence yet. Indeed, has he yet to meet a black man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back