advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+4)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

Re: Tired

On Friday, Mrs May said she was "disappointed" at the US decision - which will see a 25% duty on European steel and a 10% duty on European aluminium - and that the taxes were "unjustified".'

AHA! We won't be in Europe next year, so our steel will be British Steel! Oh.

Brexit is unnecessary argue Will Hutton and Andrew Adonis in The Guardian. What we have to do is build a new Britain. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-trade-brexit-is-not-the-way?CMP=share_btn_fb

What I didn't know is seven out of ten of the poorest areas in Europe are in fact in England. They all voted for Brexit. This is the issue that needs to be resolved. Leaving the EU won't settle it.

"To chase the economic moonbeams peddled by Brexiters while the values we prize are under global assault, to cower behind borders that shut out the rest of our continent, and to seek to resurrect an unachievable island sovereignty: this is a dead end that can only result in widespread suffering. That could even begin the day after Brexit next year, with widespread shortages of medicines, fuel and food as the port of Dover collapses with no Brexit deal – according to Whitehall departments’ risk assessments leaked and paraded in the Sunday Times yesterday.

"Brexiters dodge these truths. Intent on completing the Thatcher revolution, they want us out of the EU at any cost. While feigning concern for the state of Britain, their real agenda is wholly to embed a Thatcherite world of self-organising free markets and minimal social provision that will bring unalloyed benefit – whatever the baleful track record. They want out of Europe because it stands in their way."

These are the people who want to privatize the NHS and what is left of the welfare state. They will make money out of it and don't give a monkey's about you and me. May, Johnson and Hunt belong to this group. Then there are those who hate foreigners, this includes a big chunk of the Tory Party.

Jack

I like our retaliation; ‘Tax our steel and we’ll tax your peanut butter. See how you like that!’

I’m reminded of the part of the radio series Hoards of the things where the small peaceful land of Albion is organising a trade deal with the surrounding land ruled by The Evil One.

As the king of Albion said, the deal was a good one because Albion had a shortage of walnuts but a positive surplus of virgins.

Stephen

I’m reminded of the part of the radio series Hoards of the things where the small peaceful land of Albion is organising a trade deal with the surrounding land ruled by The Evil One.

As the king of Albion said, the deal was a good one because Albion had a shortage of walnuts but a positive surplus of virgins.

Stephen

I quite reasonably assumed Albion to be an allegorical England.

Then you mentioned the virgins...

Brexit is unnecessary argue Will Hutton and Andrew Adonis in The Guardian. What we have to do is build a new Britain. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-trade-brexit-is-not-the-way?CMP=share_btn_fb

What I didn't know is seven out of ten of the poorest areas in Europe are in fact in England. They all voted for Brexit. This is the issue that needs to be resolved. Leaving the EU won't settle it.

"To chase the economic moonbeams peddled by Brexiters while the values we prize are under global assault, to cower behind borders that shut out the rest of our continent, and to seek to resurrect an unachievable island sovereignty: this is a dead end that can only result in widespread suffering. That could even begin the day after Brexit next year, with widespread shortages of medicines, fuel and food as the port of Dover collapses with no Brexit deal – according to Whitehall departments’ risk assessments leaked and paraded in the Sunday Times yesterday.

"Brexiters dodge these truths. Intent on completing the Thatcher revolution, they want us out of the EU at any cost. While feigning concern for the state of Britain, their real agenda is wholly to embed a Thatcherite world of self-organising free markets and minimal social provision that will bring unalloyed benefit – whatever the baleful track record. They want out of Europe because it stands in their way."

These are the people who want to privatize the NHS and what is left of the welfare state. They will make money out of it and don't give a monkey's about you and me. May, Johnson and Hunt belong to this group. Then there are those who hate foreigners, this includes a big chunk of the Tory Party.

Jack
#StopThe CrazyHideousAgeOfStupid

Jack

yes, yes and thrice yes. all quite self-evident to anybody with half a brain. but you'll never turn around a gullible electorate. sadly.

ah, the joys of brexit...it's been a while

Someone with the skills required surely has to provide the world with a Mad Max GIFF that replaces Gibson with Johnson?

Right now I've given up on this "debate". It has become so tribal and people are so entrenched that a desperation to not be seen as stupid overrides common sense when it comes to discussion. To paraphrase, if it looks like $hit, smells like $hit and feels like $hit, then in most probably IS $hit.

Add this...

"Robert Peston‏Verified account @Peston 10h10 hours ago
It has started. This from erstwhile May loyalist: “We can’t go on with TM for much longer. Her inability to show leadership or make a decision is creating a vacuum the remainers use to run riot in. Once the votes are over next week, she has to go!”"

…to this...

De6Hz1QW4AAWdGk.jpg

… and I think we can see the future.

A hard Brexit by Prime Minister Gove will be the final throw of the dice. Food shortages and civil unrest next summer.

Peston also claims May doesn’t have the numbers in the HoC to defeat some of the crucial amendments from the HoL.

That Tory member survey speaks volumes about the current mindset of the party although I’m surprised to see Boris Johnson so far down the pecking order.

That’s terrifying- look at the satisfaction ratings for Fox and Hunt! A government of all the ‘talents’ right enough.

Peston also claims May doesn’t have the numbers in the HoC to defeat some of the crucial amendments from the HoL.

That Tory member survey speaks volumes about the current mindset of the party although I’m surprised to see Boris Johnson so far down the pecking order.
Perhaps more in the party smell the danger than let on? The election of his twin in Washington will have served as a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back