advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
really you need to be diplomatic, <snip>There is a competitor I really hate. He is like Trump. Arrogant, patronising, condescending and full of shit. He is main distributor for a high-end brand I wanted to retail. He said fine, lets do a deal and then a month later shut me down in front of the manufacturer at a trade show.

So he does not know I hate him and he is not aware that I get the stuff elsewhere and sell it off-line.
That's business, surely? Not making threats in public. Even if they do it to you first.
Putting that on teh internetz does increase the likelihood of him finding out, though.

Have we all seen David Davis' latest?

Keep your eyes on the prize.

Ded_Ji_Xj_U0_AU5wmi.jpg

Also the EU's. Who will be the bigger child first, the UK or EU?

I suspect the EU. Malmström, "we are looking at possibilities to retaliate."

The EU can say that, because they have clout—EU retaliation will really hurt the US.

If we did, after they'd stopped laughing, they'd go ahead and do what they like.

Stephen

Have we all seen David Davis' latest? I'm afraid it's in The Sun.

"David Davis devises 10 mile-wide trade buffer zone along Northern Ireland border to break deadlock in Brexit talks. DAVID Davis is devising a new Brexit plan to break a talks deadlock by giving Northern Ireland joint EU and UK status as well as a border buffer zone. Under the radical blueprint, the province would operate a double hatted regime of European and British regulations at the same time, so it can trade freely with both."

By all (sensible) accounts, it's laughable. Nuts. He's not even trying anymore. He's desperate. He's taking the p**s. He really is that clueless. He hasn't been sleeping well lately. You can pick whichever you think explains it best.

The man who thought we'd have being doing trade deals with Germany and Czechoslovakia in June 2016 is now dredging the bottom of the barrel and drawing imaginary buffer zones in Ireland in 2018. "Buffer zone... That sounds good. I like that..."
I liked DD’s “double hatted”- double asshat.

Rumour has it that Davis is striding around Whitehall today yelling "Look at my double hatted buffer zone!"

Ooh err missus.

He always seemed the odd one out in his own band. He is more man in white van than natural rock star to me. His views seem to fit the stereotype somewhat too.

I believe the government should give peerages to at least ten Gods of a Rock then appoint them as ministers of state. Daltry could assist DD at ministerium for exiting reality, Eric Clapton at immigration etc.

I believe the government should give peerages to at least ten Gods of a Rock then appoint them as ministers of state. Daltry could assist DD at ministerium for exiting reality, Eric Clapton at immigration etc.
They could do a Theresa May/Brian May switcheroo.

Phil Collins would be a shoo in at the Home Office (Hello, you must be going...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back