advertisement

Counting down to the war on Iran?

notaclue

pfm Member
With John Bolton and Mike Pompeo in place we can be fairly sure that Iran is in the US's sights.

There will be a major announcement by Netanyahu tonight on Iran.

Michael A. Horowitz‏Verified account @michaelh992
"According to Israeli journalist Amit Segal, Netanyahu is set to disclose a set of documents uncovered by #Israel that prove #Iran did not abide by the nuclear agreement "

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...nt-developments-on-iran-nuclear-program-at-8/

Presumably this will provide Trump the excuse he needs to withdraw from the Iran agreement. And I think we can guess what comes next...

Netanyahu said with Pompeo this weekend: “Iran must be stopped. Its quest for nuclear bombs must be stopped. Its aggression must be stopped, and we’re committed to stopping it together.”

The interesting thing is that any pulling out of the Iran agreement will be duly noted by Mr. Kim, who will conclude (correctly) that the word of the US can be trusted approximately as far as he could throw the Queen Mary. This could spike Trump's potential great triumph of ending the Korean War. So Nit and Yahoo might have to wait for his war.

It's not looking good for Trump agreeing to continue with the Iran deal.

"That is just not an acceptable situation … What's happening today and what's happened over the last little while and what we've learned has really shown that I have been 100 percent right," he said.

Plus Fox News are making a big splash of this, which is a worrying sign as Trump will be making his decision based on Fox and Friends and John Bolton. Possible that Trump will just do his bully tactics again. But I fear one day he will push it too far.

Netanyahu is a corrupt lying idiot trying to rehash old allegations. Who cares if Iran was developing weapons up until 2003, according to the inspectors they have stuck to the 2015 agreement.

The only reason Israel don't want Iran to have nukes is that it rules out their pre-emptive strike.

I have a great worry that Israel will start the war with Iran and drag the US and UK along with them.

The interesting thing is that any pulling out of the Iran agreement will be duly noted by Mr. Kim, who will conclude (correctly) that the word of the US can be trusted approximately as far as he could throw the Queen Mary. This could spike Trump's potential great triumph of ending the Korean War. So Nit and Yahoo might have to wait for his war.

Not sure Trump is capable of seeing that way, Israel and Saudi know they can't beat Iran unless they have US help and seem hell bent on conflict. It's in Russia's interests because it keeps America tied up and rockets the price of oil and it's in China's interest because the USA won't be so worried about the south China sea. So basically the world's fvcked through religious fundamentalism and oil.

Netanyahu is a corrupt lying idiot trying to rehash old allegations. Who cares if Iran was developing weapons up until 2003, according to the inspectors they have stuck to the 2015 agreement.

The only reason Israel don't want Iran to have nukes is that it rules out their pre-emptive strike.

I have a great worry that Israel will start the war with Iran and drag the US and UK along with them.

Me thinks you are right. Worrying times.

As we could have expected, it's total support for Netanyahu's claims by the US.

Pompeo says: "The documents obtained by Israel from inside of Iran show beyond any doubt that the Iranian regime was not telling the truth. ... The documents show that Iran had a secret nuclear weapons program for years. Iran sought to develop nuclear weapons and missile delivery systems. Iran hid a vast atomic archive from the world and from the IAEA — until today. ... As the President’s May 12 deadline to fix the Iran deal approaches, I will be consulting with our European allies and other nations on the best way forward in light of what we now know about Iran’s past pursuit of nuclear weapons and its systematic deception of the world." https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2018/281345.htm

It's looking likely that Trump will, at the very least, want to agree a new deal. Buoyed by North Korea, he'll now go after Iran.

The ramping up didn't take long. A few current headlines...

Netanyahu given power to wage war without Israeli cabinet approval

Iran and Israel draw closer to war than ever

Israel is stomping on Iran — and it could bring one of the worst wars the Middle East has ever seen

Our hopes of it not turning into an actual war rest on John Bolton as National Security Advisor, an unhinged lunatic as President, and a religious loon looking for Armageddon in the Middle East as Vice President. No wonder Netanyahu is fancying his chances.

The last thing Iran needs now is war. Many difficulties in domestic issues. Therefore there will be no war with Iran.

Arye

My problem with all of this is that it is pure pot kettle black. We can be trusted, and you can’t, if you do what we do, we will attack. Israel and the USA / allies are guilty of exactly the same things that Iran are getting hammered for, Saudi gets away with it because they are supported, but this is all down to a balance of power in the Middle East, and Israel wanting a major power to be crippled, whilst skirting over them effectively conquering Palestine.

My problem with all of this is that it is pure pot kettle black. We can be trusted, and you can’t, if you do what we do, we will attack. Israel and the USA / allies are guilty of exactly the same things that Iran are getting hammered for, Saudi gets away with it because they are supported, but this is all down to a balance of power in the Middle East, and Israel wanting a major power to be crippled.
Israel is not running international tertorism. Israel is not establishing military bases in Syria or in Yemen. Israel is not threatening to wipe out other country.

Arye

But Israel does have a few issues in territories it occupies outside its internationally recognised borders.

Some interesting analysis from Colonel Larry Wilkerson, ex Chief Of Staff to Colin Powell in the Bush regime.

Wilkerson, since retiring from the military now teaches at the College Of William And Mary, and is opposed to US warmongering.

Netanyahu's timing is a bit suspect...but lets ease off the anti Israel rhetoric lest we be accused of anti Semitism.
I think Netanyahu is feeling a bit left out with bigger players on the world stage hitting the headlines.

advertisement

Back