advertisement

Picoreplayer nas drive mount help! :(

Hayche

pfm Member
Alright folks

I can't for the life of me get my nas to mount. I had problems in the past when I last tried a pi but managed to get it working but not understanding how it worked!
I have a seagate nas with 2 folders on it , one is named hayche and is private ,the other is named Public and is of course public ;)
My music is in Public/flac/
In picoreplayer I am putting shared as mount ,Public as Shared name ,the ip of my nas and user and pass I have tried blank ,as guest and also used my user and pass for the private folder. All to no avail!!

Does anybody know what i am doing wrong ?

Cheers
Howard

I only succeeded in doing this myself after a lot of trial and error. Looking at my settings now I would try Public/flac as the share name. I have simply put 1 in both user and pass. I have CIFS selected from the share type dropdown.

Alright folks

I can't for the life of me get my nas to mount. I had problems in the past when I last tried a pi but managed to get it working but not understanding how it worked!
I have a seagate nas with 2 folders on it , one is named hayche and is private ,the other is named Public and is of course public ;)
My music is in Public/flac/
In picoreplayer I am putting shared as mount ,Public as Shared name ,the ip of my nas and user and pass I have tried blank ,as guest and also used my user and pass for the private folder. All to no avail!!

Does anybody know what i am doing wrong ?

Cheers
Howard
I use a QNAP NAS as a source for my picoreplayer/LMS installation...

Parameters are;

'ip addess', 'qmultimedia'(default media folder in the shared folder), CIFS, admin, 'admin password' (usually default is 'admin')

With nothing set in options...

Can you see your NAS folder via a network attached laptop?

How do you log onto your NAS for management purposes?

I use a QNAP NAS as a source for my picoreplayer/LMS installation...

Parameters are;

'ip addess', 'qmultimedia'(default media folder in the shared folder), CIFS, admin, 'admin password' (usually default is 'admin')

With nothing set in options...

Can you see your NAS folder via a network attached laptop?

How do you log onto your NAS for management purposes?

Hi. Yes I can access the nas from various computers. It is shown as an icon under network and shows up as a drive. I can also access it via Web browser by in putting the local ip 192.168.0.44 ,this prompts me for my user and password to access the nas software. That is the same ip I am using in picoreplayer
Tried eveything mentioned above with no luck yet.
Thanks for the help so far.

Howard.

Are you using the newest version of piCoreplayer, 3.5? This version requires SMB v3 on the NAS.

For the DS216 I have. I enter into picoreplayers GUI the NAS's IP addr, the share name which I shared amongst all the users on the NAS for r/w, one of the usernames and their password. Check the 'enable share' button and save.

I'm bumping this thread. I need help to connect my QNAP to a RPi 3b running piCorePlayer and LMS. I have been trying to do this for days now.

LMS is installed and I've disabled Squeezelite, as I just want to use it for LMS as a pure music server. RPi is connected to the router with Ethernet cable. I have tried NFS and CIFS, but cannot get piCorePlayer to connect to the QNAP NAS where my music is stored in the Multimedia/Music folder.

I have installed and enabled to additional file systems setting:

50573294531_31c886a7cb_b.jpg

I have tried to connect to the QNAP with both NFS and CIFS without success. I'm not sure what the best/easiest method is? This is my NFS attempt settings:

50572549028_5468a68624_b.jpg

The Write to Mount gives me an Error each time:

50573294506_590c581b15_b.jpg

Last edited:
Can't see the pics/attachments. Either NFS or CIFS should work if they're configured properly. The problems are often to do with credentials, which is where testing access to the QNAP from another system might help. Can you access the QNAP share from a Windows machine for example ? If you can, then it ought to work from Picoreplayer if you use the same credentials.

Can't see the pics/attachments. Either NFS or CIFS should work if they're configured properly. The problems are often to do with credentials, which is where testing access to the QNAP from another system might help. Can you access the QNAP share from a Windows machine for example ? If you can, then it ought to work from Picoreplayer if you use the same credentials.

Thanks for replying. I will try and fix the pics link to my setting in my post.

I am hopelessly out of my depth here with the QNAP. I had a QNAP 2-bay previously which I used with LMS installed on that before QNAP pulled the LMS app. I've since upgraded to a 6-bay and I thought going to a RPi as the server would be the easiest way to set it up, but it's not as easy as I hoped.

I can access the QNAP Folders and Files no problem using Windows File Explorer. Are there any other checks I can do?

@Stuart Frazer

I put my music files in a created Share called Squeezebox, so just substitute names

The path might be different as I have an old TS121

Navigate to Control Panel > Shared Folders >

I tick the box on Squeezebox > Then the Edit Shared Folder Permissions (center hands icon on the rhs).

Click > Add > Enter IP Address > Apply > Close > Exit

back with the piCore bit shortly

ronnie

I'm bumping this thread. I need help to connect my QNAP to a RPi 3b running piCorePlayer and LMS. I have been trying to do this for days now.

Just for comparison...

I don’t have a /Volume1/ in my PCP sharename (although it is used by Windows) just the final folder name. I also have uid=1001,gid=50 as additional options, and 1.0 (rather than just 1) as my Samba version. I’m using CIFS.

advertisement

Back