advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony L

Administrator
In the very first post of this thread I can go straight to Godwin’s Law: Boris Johnson compares Russian World Cup to Hitler’s 1936 Olympics (Guardian).

Next.

Please let's not give the loathsome self serving fool any more publicity. Starved of publicity he can become the inconsequential nobody he so richly deserves to be.

Ha! When I saw the thread title, I thought,”it’s gonna be a short thread”! Who was the wallflower on the Conservative benches who said “Boris is a character. We need more of them in politics”?

In the very first post of this thread I can go straight to Godwin’s Law: Boris Johnson compares Russian World Cup to Hitler’s 1936 Olympics (Guardian).

Next.

Actually a Labour MP, Ian Austin, made the comparison first and Boris agreed with him. In these days of political acrimony it's good to see some cross-party consensus for a change.

Underestimate Johnson at your peril

He is the British answer to Donald Trump.

Actually a Labour MP, Ian Austin, made the comparison first and Boris agreed with him. In these days of political acrimony it's good to see some cross-party consensus for a change.
Are we to read your comment as some sort of concurrence with de Pfeiffel's opinion that the country that lost some 25 million of it's people actually fighting and defeating Nazi Germany is in fact comparable to Hitler's regime?

Are we to read your comment as some sort of concurrence with de Pfeiffel's opinion that the country that lost some 25 million of it's people actually fighting and defeating Nazi Germany is in fact comparable to Hitler's regime?

No. You should read it that, in this specific case, I do agree with what he actually said rather than your interpretation of what he said. Boris is an atrocious diplomat, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

G
No. You should read it that, in this specific case, I do agree with what he actually said rather than your interpretation of what he said. Boris is an atrocious diplomat, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Glad to hear it tovarishch!

Ha! When I saw the thread title, I thought,”it’s gonna be a short thread”! Who was the wallflower on the Conservative benches who said “Boris is a character. We need more of them in politics”?

I said something similar on PFM around the Iran/teacher incident and that was bad, but after this one I think he's gone too far.

Can't we test out this Novichok theory, by releasing a statement to the fact he is a former Russian double agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back