advertisement

What equipment do you use with your NS-1000Ms?

I use my NS1000Ms with the following - Acoustic Solid Small turntable, Audio Origami 12" PU7, van den Hul Black Beauty, Aurorasound Vida phono stage, Modwright KWI200 integrated amplifier, EAR Acute Mk1 CDP. Had the Yams about 12 years now and obviously biased but there's not much around to touch them.

My NS1000m's powered by Yamaha CA1000 with Yamaha CT7000 tuner & Audio note dac 2.1 all lovely, but quite fancy trying the Modwright amp with the big Yammies

Chrome bumper Nait 2, Weiss Dac 202 and Roon via Computer Audiophile low powered windows based music server.

A mullet of a system perhaps but it does sound lovely.

This has been sat under the bed since the c4/m4 combo arrived. I thought I'd fit new valves and give it a spin .

Luxman SQ38 signature.

It's not half bad ;-)

Currently via a Chord Hugo by blue tooth streight through some Avondale Voyager amps. Rain Tree crow sounds superb

A bit controversial but mine sound pretty good with my new generation QUAD II's.

image.php

I have also had them running with an ALL ARCAM diva setup, a naim 72-HICAP-250 setup and a vintage naim 12-160(bolt-together) combo. The Yammies' never cease to please.

LPSpinner.

Mine forms part of my "Legends" system, consisting of :

Pre/power: Tube Technology Prophet + Genesis monoblocks

Turntable: Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck

CD: Marantz CD12+ DA12

Tuner: Sansui TU-9900

Cassette: Nakamichi Dragon

robinb

I see you prefer you wine shaken, not stirred. ;)

Ha! Yes, two Magnums we were given at Christmas. Not sure when it’ll make sense to open them - not that we can’t manage two bottles on a Saturday night when we try hard enough, but because it’s nice stuff - too good for glugging!

Yep - synergy is in the ear of the beholder. Did the whole Naim matchy-matchy thing, but found slowly working back from the speaker choice was the way to get a system I really enjoy. Ayre and PS Audio are local as well, so that's a nice bonus.

I have tried mine with several amps but my preference is the Lentek integrated.
Actually, my Denon PMA850. No, the Lentek...........Denon!

I cannot decide.

The V5xe is a beast. According to the spec. it is fully-balanced and has 16 high-current output devices per channel and a FET input stage. It will do 150 watts continuous into 8 ohms and 300 watts continuous into 4 ohms and weighs 55 lbs. While the Yamahas aren't super power hungry on paper, they really opened up in our largish living room compared to the 100W/ch ICE powered amp I had before. I am not an engineer but would imagine there's some similarities between the Ayre and the original Japanese muscle amps the NS1000ms were designed around. Being balanced, I can have the amp near the speakers and run 30' of xlr cable back to the PSAudio preamp and not worry about the signal picking up noise.

The V5xe is a beast - It supposedly fully-balanced and has 16 high-current output devices per channel and a FET input stage. It will do 150 watts continuous into 8 ohms and 300 watts continuous into 4 ohms and weighs 55 lbs. While the Yamahas aren't super power hungry on paper, they really opened up in our largish living room compared to the 100W/ch ICE powered amp I had before. I am not an engineer but would imagine there's some similarities between the Ayre and the original Japanese muscle amps the NS1000ms were designed around. Being balanced, I can have the amp near the speakers and run 30' of xlr cable back to the PSAudio preamp and not worry about the signal picking up noise.

I would agree that the NS1000's like more power than their efficiency suggests.

I would agree that the NS1000's like more power than their efficiency suggests.
I've just rotated amplifier duties; from Pioneer M-22 with 30 class-A watts to Dynavector HX-1.2mk2 with 180-ish class-AB watts. Sounds just as good, and somewhat more reassured that clipping won't be a problem at my listening levels. I don't think I'm even averaging 2W average, but its hard to tell without power meters.

I've been rotating a 30w Luxman valve amp and 120w Yamaha amp with mine , they come alive with the Yammy amp .

advertisement

Back