advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think it is worth discussing instead how a conclusion has been made that the UK is the import processing baddy across the whole of the EU? And must be fined.......

No I don't, because that's not a matter of great importance. THE central matter of great importance is whether the UK is better off in the EU, despite the (obvious and many) flaws of the EU or better off out of the EU.

Brexit strikes me as the equivalent of resigning from a pretty good, pretty well paid job during a bad recession, in a bad job market, with nothing else lined up, because you don't think your employer has the best management team, or because you feel you should have got a bigger raise. In other words and act of immature petulance and self harm because you have yet to accept that sometimes the least bad option is your best option.

Meanwhile:

DXxMVHWWAAAnYpU.jpg:large
How long after? 1 year, 5 years, 25 years? If that really is the question, the questionnaire designer needs to go back and redo their MRS diploma. It focuses quite a lot on questionnaire design.

No I don't, because that's not a matter of great importance. THE central matter of great importance is whether the UK is better off in the EU, despite the (obvious and many) flaws of the EU or better off out of the EU.

Brexit strikes me as the equivalent of resigning from a pretty good, pretty well paid job during a bad recession, in a bad job market, with nothing else lined up, because you don't think your employer has the best management team, or because you feel you should have got a bigger raise. In other words and act of immature petulance and self harm because you have yet to accept that sometimes the least bad option is your best option.
Loads of people leave jobs for other jobs if they feel they should be getting paid more. I have done it. Loads of people leave jobs and even try something on their own, without knowing exactly what the future will bring.

He said something the other day about having different facts to the facts presented. The most arrogant post I've ever seen.

This should be interesting.
That really was not the intention. I was actually using someone else's words form a few posts above because I though their post was arrogant! it was a joke that you would only have picked up if you recalled the post I quoted from.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

It's amazing that the UK public are being so bone headed about this. Oh well, in the words of Mencken "Democracy is the theory that the common man knows what he wants and deserves to get it .... good and hard."
It's impossible to make sense of. Noone knows whether the respondent was thinking short-term or long-term, and how short or long.

Completely useless chart.

As someone who voted out in Brexit and then promptly moved to Strasbourg to gain advantage over his business competitors why don't you tell us how the UK should prosper ?
Drugs and guns? That is what the establishment of the UK knows best.

Loads of people leave jobs for other jobs if they feel they should be getting paid more. I have done it. Loads of people leave jobs and even try something on their own, without knowing exactly what the future will bring.

Ok lets make it simpler: Brexit is the equivalent of 'cutting your nose to spite your face'.
We thought you were one of the few smart Brexiteers: why you trying so hard to prove us wrong ?

That really was not the intention. I was actually using someone else's words form a few posts above because I though their post was arrogant! it was a joke that you would only have picked up if you recalled the post I quoted from.

In English please.

Ok lets make it simpler: Brexit is the equivalent of 'cutting your nose to spite your face'.
We thought you were one of the few smart Brexiteers: why you trying so hard to prove us wrong ?
Well coming up with crap analogies about leaving your job hardly elevates the conversation to your superior intellect, does it?

How long after? 1 year, 5 years, 25 years? If that really is the question, the questionnaire designer needs to go back and redo their MRS diploma. It focuses quite a lot on questionnaire design.

The point is (obviously) the that this information should now be widely known and the 48/48 result is orders of magnitude out from where it should be. The survey points to a massive failure of government and media because people really should know they are going to be worse off (i.e. fewer jobs, less money) because of BREXIT.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

It's amazing that the UK public are being so bone headed about this. Oh well, in the words of Mencken "Democracy is the theory that the common man knows what he wants and deserves to get it .... good and hard."

And as regards the May, Davis, Johnson, etc. I am reminded of the Upton Sinclair quote "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Well coming up with crap analogies about leaving your job hardly elevates the conversation to your superior intellect, does it?

You have completely avoided answering my question. How is Brexit the better option? Your choice as to whether you pick short or long term.

And as regards the May, Davis, Johnson, etc. I am reminded of the Upton Sinclair quote "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

That is another quote that explains so much otherwise baffling behavior. American "healthcare" for example.

You have completely avoided answering my question. How is Brexit the better option? Your choice as to whether you pick short or long term.
I'm still talking about the VAT fraud. You have brushed that under the carpet. It is an important point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back