advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit sick of politely standing by, politely giving space to tory brexitsneers to spout their nonsense.
Listen, and watch my lips - THIS IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER, AND NOTHING - NOTHING IS WORTH IT.
I'd take it kindly if tory brexitsneers don't insult my intelligence by faux justification of what, it must obvious to even the thickest, is the unjustifiable.
Similarly the BBC and "balance". Why the feck are they even giving airspace to the fiction that this isn't the alpha and omega of embarrassing and damaging cockups?
Look, tory brexitsneers who post on here, if you're not privy to of some astonishing information not previously out there, like the UK has cracked fusion, or the government has been quietly investing our pension contributions and we are all bitcoin millionaires, just button the hopeful we are special, the EU are incompetant/corrupt, the world will be queing up to lick our boots, the empire are begging us to return to full overlord position and asset strip them as in the old days...all the FAIRY TALES.

This is going to be EXCREMENTAL and I hold Brexitsneers, and all who hold that theirs is a tenable position responsible.

That's the spirit. The British bulldog in you is finally coming out.

This one may not be so healthy soon...

9qi6xj.jpg

It is in the nature of.. froth to rise to the top.

There's certainly some pretty old-fashioned language bubbling to the top on this thread. Shut your eyes and you could almost be in the 1930s.
That’s hilarious projection. Did you mean like your ethnic nationalist hyperventilation in post #1401? It was like listening to Bertie Wooster screaming about ‘the elites’.

You know how topsy turvy things have become when this can call John Major a member of the “European Elites”.
33zcvb9.jpg

One thing that’s clear from your contributions EV is you are a man who lived his life in the past. It’s obviously more comfortable and less frightening for you there -even if it doesn’t actually exist.

That’s hilarious projection. Did you mean like your ethnic nationalist hyperventilation in post #1401? It was like listening to Bertie Wooster screaming about ‘the elites’.
You know how topsy turvy things have become when this can call John Major a member of the “European Elites”.
33zcvb9.jpg

One thing that’s clear from your contributions EV is you are a man who lived his life in the past. It’s obviously more comfortable and less frightening for you there -even if it doesn’t actually exist.

I think he is actually more worried about too much competition from 'bigcorps' ie Majestic/Laithwaites/Direct Wines group ;)

I'm a bit sick of politely standing by, politely giving space to tory brexitsneers to spout their nonsense.
Listen, and watch my lips - THIS IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER, AND NOTHING - NOTHING IS WORTH IT.
I'd take it kindly if tory brexitsneers don't insult my intelligence by faux justification of what, it must obvious to even the thickest, is the unjustifiable.
Similarly the BBC and "balance". Why the feck are they even giving airspace to the fiction that this isn't the alpha and omega of embarrassing and damaging cockups?
Look, tory brexitsneers who post on here, if you're not privy to of some astonishing information not previously out there, like the UK has cracked fusion, or the government has been quietly investing our pension contributions and we are all bitcoin millionaires, just button the hopeful we are special, the EU are incompetant/corrupt, the world will be queing up to lick our boots, the empire are begging us to return to full overlord position and asset strip them as in the old days...all the FAIRY TALES.

This is going to be EXCREMENTAL and I hold Brexitsneers, and all who hold that theirs is a tenable position responsible.

When you see your country about to commit suicide you can get a bit emotional. You just have to hope that the old maxim 'Things are never as good, or as bad, as they appear to be' will apply this time.
The Brexit sucker punch followed by the Corbyn left hook will probably floor good old UK for a decade or two, but life will go on. In the immortal British words: Keep Calm and Pretend it is all OK.

When you see your country about to commit suicide you can get a bit emotional.
Yet relief can come when you no longer have to bear the unending threats of self harm. Part of me is hoping they get their WTO rules Shangri La because it’s nothing less than they deserve. The external locus of control holding them back from great strides in the world will have gone. The outcome will be solely down to their own actions, the consequences will now be theirs alone.

Which part of the post in question is either 'ethnic' or 'nationalist'. I neither mentioned the past, the UK, nor anybody's 'ethnicity'. I didn't refer to John Major as a member of the 'European Elites', indeed I have searched through my words in vain for any mention of Europe, 'Europeans', or 'Elites'.

As you have just demonstrated with a fine display of the distortion of it, there are many versions of the past. You must take comfort from the fact that you share with the five presidents the certainty that there is only one version of the future.

It is here, I suggest you might read it, or rather, wade your way through it. Sure, it addresses the Eurozone's undoubted executive deficit, but it predictably goes much further than that. It is a future for which I would suggest relatively few Brits, not to mention Europeans, would share your undoubted enthusiasm.

I've quoted my post below for reference, should you be bothered.

We haven't left yet. This shouldn't be something you are worrying about, it is exactly what everybody (except the bankers, the globalists, the bigcorps lot, Blair, Heseltine, Major, the Kinnocks, all the other EU fatcat pension junkies/carpetbaggers, French farmers and pfm EU hardliners)...want.

Sadly, Juncker (and the EU's other four 'presidents'), Barnier (future EU president hopeful), Blair (future EU Emperor hopeful), and all the others aren't going to put their lunatic plans back in the drawer. What they will do is to put their right foot flat on the gas pedal. To those people, there's only one direction - full integration.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/5-presidents-report_en.pdf

It's always the same, the EU's answer to any crisis is 'more EU'. The voters in Italy have just given a pretty unequivocal summary of their opinion of the EU, the Euro, and unfettered immigration, the UK cash cow is on the way out, and there are serious stirrings of discontent, to put it mildly, in Poland, Hungary and Austria, and even in Germany. It is discontent of a colour that you and I might not much care for, but you can't somehow pretend it isn't there. And how does the EU respond? Does it look and listen to the lie of the land? Why, of course not, just with further, deeper and broader integration, and further, deeper and broader centralisation in the institutions of the EU. Blimey, what do you know, quelle suprise! Even Merkel, despite the AfD snapping at her heels, has bounced back with a previously not entirely apparent enthusiasm for it.

Yet relief can come when you no longer have to bear the unending threats of self harm. Part of me is hoping they get their WTO rules Shangri La because it’s nothing less than they deserve. The external locus of control holding them back from great strides in the world will have gone. The outcome will be solely down to their own actions, the consequences will now be theirs alone.

Foolish thoughts. It will be the EU's fault. The fact that Gibraltar is being thrown to Spain - EU's fault. Worse trade deal - EU's fault. Trump looking to shaft us - EU's fault. Our reduced influence in the world - EU's fault. Companies or industries foolish enough to think they were basing themselves for English speaking access to the single market buggering off - EU's fault. You get the gist.

I’m sure they’ll have to sell the economic damage aka ‘Sacrifices’ to the public as the fault of the EU for not ‘negotiating’ ie. not in reality caving in to threats and unrealistic demands. Remember though that the goal of Mogg and the others is a walk out where the EU can whistle for its U.K. contribution and Britain can become its own master and commander.

Foolish thoughts. It will be the EU's fault. The fact that Gibraltar is being thrown to Spain - EU's fault. Worse trade deal - EU's fault. Trump looking to shaft us - EU's fault. Our reduced influence in the world - EU's fault. Companies or industries foolish enough to think they were basing themselves for English speaking access to the single market buggering off - EU's fault. You get the gist.

Absolutely. nobody commented on the Twitter link I posted yesterday, but it covers the playing of the victim card perfectly

Here is an image from it:

DXdXp_PXUAANDJV.jpg

https://twitter.com/EmporersNewC/status/970341839948697600

nobody commented on the Twitter link I posted yesterday,

i read it. very well written and, again, tells it like it is. but sadly, the great british electorate don't go to any lengths at all in their search for education or proper, in depth analysis. after all, why bother when their favourite rag or professional liar, sorry, politician, spoon feeds all they want. hence the pile of steaming horse manure we are now sitting in.

Absolutely. nobody commented on the Twitter link I posted yesterday, but it covers the playing of the victim card perfectly

Here is an image from it:

DXdXp_PXUAANDJV.jpg

https://twitter.com/EmporersNewC/status/970341839948697600

My brain just can't do twitter, it's absolutely awful and incomprehensible, I simply don't understand how, or why, it works, and suspect that, but for a very few, it actually doesn't. However, peering vaguely through the posts, there was one which amused me, posted by one (I assume the) Dan Snow;

"If only Elizabeth I had accepted the offer of marriage from Eric XIV of Sweden none of us would be in this mess."

It's always the same, the EU's answer to any crisis is 'more EU'. The voters in Italy have just given a pretty unequivocal summary of their opinion of the EU, the Euro, and unfettered immigration, the UK cash cow is on the way out, and there are serious stirrings of discontent, to put it mildly, in Poland, Hungary and Austria, and even in Germany. It is discontent of a colour that you and I might not much care for, but you can't somehow pretend it isn't there. And how does the EU respond? Does it look and listen to the lie of the land? Why, of course not, just with further, deeper and broader integration, and further, deeper and broader centralisation in the institutions of the EU. Blimey, what do you know, quelle suprise! Even Merkel, despite the AfD snapping at her heels, has bounced back with a previously not entirely apparent enthusiasm for it.

The USA attacks on Iraq and Libya created the immigrant crisis in Europe and the EU should send the invoice to Dotard.

It is inevitable that a rapid influx of 1-2 million Arabs, Afghanis and Africans will trigger an anti-immigrant vote. In the case of Italy there is frustration that the EU neither tries to stop the flow nor shares the burden (France and Switzerland block immigrant movement out of Italy): it is a specific protest not a general anti-EU/Euro vote. The south of Italy has always been under-developed and I'm sure has received EU grants, but the root causes of corruption and lack of opportunity have to be addressed by Italy not the EU. Similarly the EU is not to blame for unemployment in the north of the UK, on the contrary that will get much worse after Brexit.

Problems in Europe are nothing to be enjoyed if for no other reason than they are on our doorstep. The UK had a mainly positive effect on the EU over the last 40 years and it is a great shame that Europe is splintering in the face of common problems instead of solving them together.

Whatever the failings of the EU it was, and is, an opponent of this lurch to the far-right.

Exactly so. Just as Cameron dreamt up this steaming pile, looked horrified at what he had done, and tiptoed away, so will May . It becomes SEP, Someone Else's Problem. My guess is that when May has finished blundering her way to March 2019 and beyond, there will be an election and Corbyn will pick up the reins and the poison chalice. Sigh of relief all round from May's team, because guess what? We had a fantastic opportunity to Make Britain Great Again and those fools on the Labour benches threw it away. Oh no, the fools, it's all their fault. It could have been so good. We would have delivered the Promised Land of Brexit with £350M per week for the NHS, free trade with the whole world, Rule Britannia every Sunday lunchtime and free beer on Tuesdays, but this lot threw it all away. Don't believe me? Look no further than here where it's suggested the Brexit is Blair/Brown's fault because they got too close to the EU and they allowed the British working man to become disenfranchised.

The irony of course being that the ardent remainer paints the UK as a rather poorly and hopeless little thing, the population (by majority vote in the largest ever turnout, remember) denying itself the opportunity of being a supplicant to the mutti EU and casting itself into a vast ocean inhabited only by far better, stronger and cleverer nations than our own, a victim, no less, of it's own rather stupid voters.

The UK isn't a 'victim'. It is one of the world's most powerful economies, even more so in relation to its size, and a substantial net contributor to the EU's cash bunkers. The only 'victims' in this game are the poor, hard done by residual remainers, who simply can't imagine a future separated from what they (counterintuitively, given that we are the cash-cow) perceive as the EU teat.

The USA attacks on Iraq and Libya created the immigrant crisis in Europe and the EU should send the invoice to Dotard.

It is inevitable that a rapid influx of 1-2 million Arabs, Afghanis and Africans will trigger an anti-immigrant vote. In the case of Italy there is frustration that the EU neither tries to stop the flow nor shares the burden (France and Switzerland block immigrant movement out of Italy): it is a specific protest not a general anti-EU/Euro vote. The south of Italy has always been under-developed and I'm sure has received EU grants, but the root causes of corruption and lack of opportunity have to be addressed by Italy not the EU. Similarly the EU is not to blame for unemployment in the north of the UK, on the contrary that will get much worse after Brexit.

Problems in Europe are nothing to be enjoyed if for no other reason than they are on our doorstep. The UK had a mainly positive effect on the EU over the last 40 years and it is a great shame that Europe is splintering in the face of common problems instead of solving them together.

Whatever the failings of the EU it was, and is, an opponent of this lurch to the far-right.

Talk of the USA's culpability has to be tempered by some consideration of the fact that a presumably unknown and probably substantial proportion of the migrants are certainly economic, rather than political, and as such it is a problem that was massively excacerbated by Merkel ostentatiously, and without first consulting either the voters in her own country or the governments of the other EU nations which would inevitably be affected, throwing open the doors of Europe. It is nonsense too to state with such certainty that the protest is specific to immigration. It isn't. Italy's economy has been stagnant since it joined the Euro, what, a quarter of a century ago. Virtually zero growth. The EU imposed austerity, and at one point its own technocratic government, and is deeply unpopular, the Euro even more so. This is a crisis that is owned by the institutions and policies of the EU and of Germany, and it is one that isn't going to go away anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back