advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry is that this could make Juncker put his EU plans back in the drawer, Barnier et al will become less arrogant and the whole EU objective will morph into something reasonable and something we should be part of. Then we'd have to reapply.

We haven't left yet. This shouldn't be something you are worrying about, it is exactly what everybody (except the bankers, the globalists, the bigcorps lot, Blair, Heseltine, Major, the Kinnocks, all the other EU fatcat pension junkies/carpetbaggers, French farmers and pfm EU hardliners)...want.

Sadly, Juncker (and the EU's other four 'presidents'), Barnier (future EU president hopeful), Blair (future EU Emperor hopeful), and all the others aren't going to put their lunatic plans back in the drawer. What they will do is to put their right foot flat on the gas pedal. To those people, there's only one direction - full integration.

The exodus has started.

Goldman Sachs moving staff at short notice...

Goldman Sachs has put more than a dozen UK-based banking, sales and trading staff on notice to move to Frankfurt within weeks.....etc..

.......Since the 2016 vote, the bank has reiterated its commitment to London and pledged to keep its primary European base in the UK irrespective of the nature of Brexit.
It is midway through a multi-million pound development of a new headquarters building in London and, like other U.S. investment banks, continues to recruit more staff in the capital than anywhere else in Europe.

More than 12! What, like, maybe 15 or 18?

Goldman employs nearly 35,000 people worldwide, of which 6000 are in London.

The name rather gives it away. That apart, the article indicates that the firm will move 'the tax residence and domicile of the HQ' to Brussels, what is referred to by the spokesman as 'the topco'.

I don't doubt that there is going to be some relocation, but referring to it as 'an exodus' when you really don't yet know what is going to happen is maybe a tad biblical.

I'm a bit sick of politely standing by, politely giving space to tory brexitsneers to spout their nonsense.
Listen, and watch my lips - THIS IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER, AND NOTHING - NOTHING IS WORTH IT.
I'd take it kindly if tory brexitsneers don't insult my intelligence by faux justification of what, it must obvious to even the thickest, is the unjustifiable.
Similarly the BBC and "balance". Why the feck are they even giving airspace to the fiction that this isn't the alpha and omega of embarrassing and damaging cockups?
Look, tory brexitsneers who post on here, if you're not privy to of some astonishing information not previously out there, like the UK has cracked fusion, or the government has been quietly investing our pension contributions and we are all bitcoin millionaires, just button the hopeful we are special, the EU are incompetant/corrupt, the world will be queing up to lick our boots, the empire are begging us to return to full overlord position and asset strip them as in the old days...all the FAIRY TALES.

This is going to be EXCREMENTAL and I hold Brexitsneers, and all who hold that theirs is a tenable position responsible.

Your version of facts? WTF. That is the most arrogant and nonsensical thing I've ever read.
NO ... I won't have that!!
You said my post no. 363 on the Jacob Rees Mogg thread was the worst thing you had ever read on here!
I can't bear to be upstaged so quickly - or is this stuff just standard HarryB big-stick rhetoric?
ML

I'm a bit sick of politely standing by, politely giving space to tory brexitsneers to spout their nonsense.
Listen, and watch my lips - THIS IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER, AND NOTHING - NOTHING IS WORTH IT.
I'd take it kindly if tory brexitsneers don't insult my intelligence by faux justification of what, it must obvious to even the thickest, is the unjustifiable.
Similarly the BBC and "balance". Why the feck are they even giving airspace to the fiction that this isn't the alpha and omega of embarrassing and damaging cockups?
Look, tory brexitsneers who post on here, if you're not privy to of some astonishing information not previously out there, like the UK has cracked fusion, or the government has been quietly investing our pension contributions and we are all bitcoin millionaires, just button the hopeful we are special, the EU are incompetant/corrupt, the world will be queing up to lick our boots, the empire are begging us to return to full overlord position and asset strip them as in the old days...all the FAIRY TALES.

This is going to be EXCREMENTAL and I hold Brexitsneers, and all who hold that theirs is a tenable position responsible.

NO ... I won't have that!!
You said my post no. 363 on the Jacob Rees Mogg thread was the worst thing you had ever read on here!
I can't bear to be upstaged so quickly....

I think you may have just been upstaged again...:)

ML. Yours was definitely the worst.

'Worst' and 'arrogant and nonsensical' are very different.
That's a relief!
But do remember, Harry, there are only so many incendiary superlatives you can spray about before the currency gets devalued. The "angry politico" shtick is getting tedious anyway.
ML

Last edited:
That's a relief!
But do remember, Harry, there are only so many incendiary superlatives you can spray about before the currency gets devalued. The "angry politico" schtick is getting tedious anyway.
ML

I'd rather be an "angry politico" as you put it than an "I'm alright Jack"

We haven't left yet. This shouldn't be something you are worrying about, it is exactly what everybody (except the bankers, the globalists, the bigcorps lot, Blair, Heseltine, Major, the Kinnocks, all the other EU fatcat pension junkies/carpetbaggers, French farmers and pfm EU hardliners)...want.

Sadly, Juncker (and the EU's other four 'presidents'), Barnier (future EU president hopeful), Blair (future EU Emperor hopeful), and all the others aren't going to put their lunatic plans back in the drawer. What they will do is to put their right foot flat on the gas pedal. To those people, there's only one direction - full integration.

3 weeks and you can start the countdown. Will you be celebrating with champagne or Brexit Bubbly ?

could you list the pfm tory brexiteers, please?

where's that?

- The pfm chapter of the KKK
- aka the pfm chapter of the Masons
- aka my ignore list

They can also be found on the streets 'fake begging' to raise funds for a new duck moat house. Between dinners with UKIP racists who are only racist "ironically" and would love to bow and curtsey to half caste future princes when made Lord Lieutenant of Worcestershropsalopshire as a reward for murdering ten thousand grouse (THEY WERE COMING RIGHT FOR ME) and deciding who gets the grants for new art cinema via the crucible of the casting couch.

It is in the nature of.. froth to rise to the top.

There's some pretty old-fashioned language bubbling to the top on this thread. Shut your eyes and you could almost be in the 1930s.

Now, steady on, old chap. I'll ask the butler to mix you a stiffish brandy and soda, and we can talk this over in the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back