advertisement

Metal

i forgot to mention bands like Portal, Cult of Fire and Batuskha. Chk them out!

and yes, Deathspell Omega is simply supreme \m/

but not for daily consumption! :D

Yeah I've got Synarchy, I just don't think they've managed to surpass the brilliance of the track Abscission from Paracletus. That's one of my all time favourite songs. I'll have to give the new one a few more listens.

If you like that sort of thing, and haven't checked it out so far, it's worth hearing some latter day Gorguts. By latter day I mean anything from Obscura onwards. Colored Sands is their latest conventional album I believe, and very good it is too.

Will check out The King is Blind.

Hey Dave, I haven't checked Gorguts out to date, their latest EP "Pleiades Dust" get some rave reviews on MA. I will remedy this as soon as and let you know....
Did you pick up the The Ruins of Beverast "Exuvia" btw??

As for the Cult of Fire I have added them to the wishlist and will check them out later...can't wait to get paid so I can pick up the ones you've already recommended, i might as well send Bandcamp my monthly pay check :D

Other personal favourites guys, list 1!
UADA "Devoid of Light"
Gomorrah "The Haruspex"
All Desolate Shrine releases
All Phantom Winter releases
Heretoir "The Circle"
Sunless "Urraca"
Venenum "Trance of Death"
Pillorian "Obsidian Arc "
Father Befouled "Desolate Gods"
Farsot "Fail.ure"
Nyss "Princesse Terre"
Riftwalker "Green and Black" (I play this alot!)
.......OK, I need to get some work done, catch up later....before I go I picked up Foscors latest on Season of Mist "Les Irreals Visions" on vinyl and played it non stop last night. Its knocked the Phantom Winter to one side for the moment....for the moment mind....cause that Phantom Winter is a killer:p

I like the classics such as Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, but a few others:

Death - Symbolic (all Death albums really!)
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Anathema - The Silent Enigma
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Carcass - Necroticism (Descanting the Insalubrious)

Some cool sounds there Yomanze.
Death is a band I need to investigate, "Human" was one of their classic releases I understand...
The Darkthrone is one of many desert island discs!
For brutal death have you checked out the Benighted "Necrobreed"... its quality....and as for JP they have a new one in the pipeline don't they? Just noted AMG blog favourite is "Sad Wings of Destiny" from 76.

I like the classics such as Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, but a few others:

Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Oh yes and I did pick up Carcass "Surgical Steel" on vinyl....

all are must haves :p

Cryptopsy - None So Vile

Cryptopsy - None So Vile

Having removed the ones I'm not personally into, excellent choices. Interestingly, I think I'd say that each of those was the best album by each of the bands.

Necroticism is an absolute classic. It gets played a lot.

I can't fault any of the Death albums, my fave at the moment is Spiritual Healing but that will change (again).

I don't know Dissection though!!

I don't listen to black or death, but I do like Behemoth. These guys are local to me and I went to a couple of their gigs, very impressive. I like their two recent albums, catchy tunes.

Necroticism is an absolute classic. It gets played a lot.

I can't fault any of the Death albums, my fave at the moment is Spiritual Healing but that will change (again).

I don't know Dissection though!!

Dissection are great if you like that sort of thing. To me they're in the 'pretty good' category, but a lot of people love them.
If you check them out, do go for Storm of the Light's Bane first. IMO, of course, The Somberlain is 'not quite Storm of the Light's Bane yet', and Reinkaos is rubbish. I did say IMO.

I don't listen to black or death, but I do like Behemoth. These guys are local to me and I went to a couple of their gigs, very impressive. I like their two recent albums, catchy tunes.

Weird to like something as full on as The Satanist, but not to even listen to anything else that's similar. Fair play. Could be worth checking out some related stuff, I'd suggest the aforementioned Dissection, plus possibly some later Emperor and maybe Vader (who are also Polish).

Dissection are great if you like that sort of thing. To me they're in the 'pretty good' category, but a lot of people love them.
If you check them out, do go for Storm of the Light's Bane first. IMO, of course, The Somberlain is 'not quite Storm of the Light's Bane yet', and Reinkaos is rubbish. I did say IMO.

Weird to like something as full on as The Satanist, but not to even listen to anything else that's similar. Fair play. Could be worth checking out some related stuff, I'd suggest the aforementioned Dissection, plus possibly some later Emperor and maybe Vader (who are also Polish).

This is exactly why I started this thread guys, I have so much to discover....:)
I will seek out all the above and educate myself. I do regularly spin the Vaders Tibi and Empire releases...is the back catalogue worth visiting?

This is exactly why I started this thread guys, I have so much to discover....:)
I will seek out all the above and educate myself. I do regularly spin the Vaders Tibi and Empire releases...is the back catalogue worth visiting?

I haven't properly heard any of their recent albums, but from a quick listen on the net I'd say that they've kept quite closely to a similar style since the stuff I am familiar with. So if you like their newer stuff you'll likely also enjoy e.g. Litany or Revelations. The production's got better, but the feel is similar. That said, and without wanting to be disparaging about the band, it's not radically different, so if you're specifically looking to expand your palate rather than double down, you might look at some of the other suggestions first.

Dave***t can you put me out my misery and tell me what band that is on your avatar, I can't work it out from the obscured band logo.

Here’s a few more:

Entombed - Clandestine
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Primordial - Storm Before Calm

Dave***t can you put me out my misery and tell me what band that is on your avatar, I can't work it out from the obscured band logo.

It's Anaal Nathrakh.

Entombed - Clandestine

Most people I know who would have an opinion prefer Left Hand Path. I agree with you though, Clandestine is definitely the better of the two.

advertisement

Back