advertisement

The 2018 F1 Thread

So the Mclaren App has still has pictures of Alonso in Honda overalls. Hope the team are better organised than their marketing dept.

I see they’ve fitted it with what looks like either a rail so the driver can do handstands on the victory lap or a place to mount a machine gun.

And now this years championship winning car has been revealed

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/
Don't know about that, but good to see the return of the McLaren orange, first worn by the all-conquering Can-Am cars in the 1970s:

canam.jpg

Always makes me laugh how whenever there’s some production promoting F1, they always use the old engine noises. They still be doing it when it’s gone all electric!

Well let's face it, at the moment the cars sound like a fat bloke farting inside a large cardboard box. Hardly the pinnacle of engineering and excitement.

Well let's face it, at the moment the cars sound like a fat bloke farting inside a large cardboard box. Hardly the pinnacle of engineering and excitement.

I don't really mind them per se they are a very technical sound and quite interesting but they do not elicit an emotional response that the shrieking V10's at 20k rpm do.

advertisement

Back