advertisement

The 2018 F1 Thread

Cool, that’s fine for me. I don’t really mind if it is live or not as long as I avoid the news/this thread before the replay, I just don’t want to help finance Murdoch. I guess this is the last year though. I’ll just give it up when it goes from terrestrial TV.

Is it going from terrestrial completely, or moving to highlights only like match of the day?
I can live without the live races, catching up will be fine.

Is it going from terrestrial completely, or moving to highlights only like match of the day?
I can live without the live races, catching up will be fine.

Per the link, 10 races are full live coverage and the rest of them are highlights recorded and shown later.

I meant in 2019

"This is the final year of Channel 4's three-year F1 broadcast deal, with the championship to be shown exclusively on Sky from next season."

I was wondering if anyone knew what, if any, plans there were for terrestrial coverage in the UK in the future?

In the UK, that question has already been answered. Under a deal struck by F1's former boss Bernie Ecclestone before he was ousted by Liberty, Sky will take on exclusive rights to F1 from 2019.

There is a stipulation in the deal that the British Grand Prix is shown live on free-to-air, as well as highlights of all other races and qualifying sessions. But so far any stipulations that contract contains as to which channel it will be on, and whether it has significant reach, have not been made public. F1 has so far not responded to BBC Sport's questions on the matter.

Looks like highlights shows are still up for grabs if C4 or the BBC want them. As I say I’m really not bothered whether it is live or not, in many ways I actually prefer the highlights shows as they are edited and more concise. The live shows with all the build up and post analysis are very lengthy and eat up much of a weekend.

I thought the shark fin had gone?

Seems it’s just been reduced.

Shame. I think they look better without.

I can't get over how hideous the '18 cars are. The teams are doing their best to paint over it, but that halo is horrible.

So. Hideous cars. Horrible sounding engines. No grid girls. 17 meh tracks. Restricted access to live races on telly. 'Highlights' are still poorly put together.

Please tell me that Eddie Jordan has left? Please!

I can't get over how hideous the '18 cars are. The teams are doing their best to paint over it, but that halo is horrible.

So. Hideous cars. Horrible sounding engines. No grid girls. 17 meh tracks. Restricted access to live races on telly. 'Highlights' are still poorly put together.

Please tell me that Eddie Jordan has left? Please!

Apart from all that what’s not to like? ;)

advertisement

Back