advertisement

£1 per meter speaker cable?

I use Shark OFC copper cable with my speakers. I believe a roll of 20 metres cost me about £15 from Maplins. Fit and forget.

So turned out I had enough left from an armoured cable that I bought to connect the outhouse to the main house. So I've stripped the wire out of this to use. Let's see how we go!

I've used cat6 cable.
i've just wired up some speakers in the kitchen using CAT5 but I'm wondering if this is what just blew up my Exposure XX amplfiier! I'd kind of forgotten about the cable compatibility issue - though the capacitance seems quite low with this stuff ...

i've just wired up some speakers in the kitchen using CAT5 but I'm wondering if this is what just blew up my Exposure XX amplfiier! I'd kind of forgotten about the cable compatibility issue - though the capacitance seems quite low with this stuff ...
Did you mix up any of the cores?

Cat5 would be fairly high capacitance as it is twisted pair.

advertisement

Back