advertisement

Cameron's dodgy deal with Murdoch

notaclue

pfm Member
An insight by Ken Clarke into the extraordinary, corrupt power wielded by Murdoch. Right down to dictating government policy... https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterso...of-deal-to-win?utm_term=.hg2m2BdMb#.tvVZlwX9g

You can bet similar happened with the papers that backed May's leadership bid.

"Ken Clarke has claimed David Cameron may have done "some sort of a deal" to win the support of Rupert Murdoch's newspapers in the run-up to the 2010 general election, culminating in senior executives at the Sun demanding the government introduce prison ships to the UK because the newspaper was running a campaign on the issue.
"Quite how David Cameron got the Sun out of the hands of Gordon Brown I shall never know," the veteran Tory MP said. "Rupert would never let Tony [Blair] down because Tony had backed the Iraq war. Maybe it was some sort of a deal. David would not tell me what it was. Suddenly we got the Murdoch empire on our side."
He continued: "We won in 2010 and I found myself justice secretary, lord chancellor. Within a week or two we had got Andy Coulson on board – I think he was Murdoch’s man, that was part of the deal I assume – as the press officer. I am not being totally indiscreet. Nobody seemed bothered by it very much."
"Within a few weeks of taking over my prime minister arranged a meeting with Rebekah Brooks. Rebekah Brooks described herself as running the government now in partnership with David Cameron. I found myself having an extraordinary meeting with Rebekah who was instructing me on criminal justice policy from now on, as I think she had instructed my predecessor, so far as I could see, judging from the numbers of people we had in prison and the growth of rather exotic sentences."

Rebbekkhahh entwined( literally) with Coulson, Coulson embedded with Cameron. The Australian cadaver picking up the wage bill and his hand on Dave's pork injector. Call it gevornment by proxy.

Maybe Rupert the cancer changed sides because he found out Blair was tupping the fair Wendy, or was that later?

Rupert would never let Tony [Blair] down because Tony had backed the Iraq war.

Maybe Rupert - friend and business partner of Lord Rothschild, ex CIA chief James Woolsey, and Dick Cheney, all of Genie Energy - got Cameron to promise to bomb Libya and Syria in return for his 'help'?

Will the 'take back control' Brexitiers be furious about this? An unelected, unaccountable foreigner messing in our politics?

Or will they think "He's rich, right-wing, English-speaking bloke. That's fine."

It's very interesting that Clarke would say Murdoch was loyal to Blair because of the Iraq war. It begs the question as to why Murdoch was so keen to see Iraq destroyed.

It also makes me wonder not just what promises Cameron made to Murdoch, but what promises Blair - who of course was big on foreign military intervention (Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq) - might have made to Murdoch in order to also get his support in 1997.

I didn't claim you had. When did you last have a small explosion between your legs?
Listen no offence but you're just a typical smart-arse who trolls constantly.

I've tried to be civil with you to no avail, so like, good luck!

Will the 'take back control' Brexitiers be furious about this? An unelected, unaccountable foreigner messing in our politics?

Or will they think "He's rich, right-wing, English-speaking bloke. That's fine."
I think more likely they'll say "he's a Remainiac traitor, he would say that, wouldn't he?"

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gained traction given the startling revelations in the OP.

Seriously? The Dirty Digger doing deals with politicians was startling for you?
You are taking special kind of stupid to new levels.

advertisement

Back