advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
@yurivv that's, uh, a lot of books on Hitler you got there, fella... Nice set up, though :)

It's my son's apartment and his system and his books. Two editions on Hitler - one in English (two volumes) and one in Russian (three volumes). There is also Churchill's "A History of the English-Speaking Peoples" (50's vintage four volumes edition) as a counterbalance. :)

It's my son's apartment and his system and his books. Two editions on Hitler - one in English (two volumes) and one in Russian (three volumes). There is also Churchill's "A History of the English-Speaking Peoples" (50's vintage four volumes edition) as a counterbalance. :)

Oh Lordy. It was disturbing enough to see Putin as a user pic on here, and now it turns out someone is afflicted by a Hitler fascination.

Nice system, though.

Oh Lordy. It was disturbing enough to see Putin as a user pic on here, and now it turns out someone is afflicted by a Hitler fascination.

I don't quite understand why Putin has anything to do with it... o_O And how did you come to the conclusion that books about Hitler mean that someone is fascinated by Hitler? Have you seen on someone's shelf books about the war, can you say that someone loves war?

I once stumbled into an exhibition of Hitler's paintings in Longleat of all places, a strange moment of seeing the paintings long before we realised who they were by. I don't have an artistic eye but either like a picture or don't, mostly I don't, in this case though it was a case of "wow!!" I liked them all, they were quite moving. Then though on closer inspection we noticed the signature, then we stepped back and noticed the signage on the walls. I know he is regarded as not a great painter but he had some talent, certainly to my eyes. That was 20 years ago and to this day I find it hard to reconcile those paintings with the madman that is the Hitler we all know.

Anyway, system Pics, sorry about that, back on topic!!

Love the maple cabinet, some lovely cabinetry on her site (and i'm a bit picky, realised it's not maple it's Sycamore because of the quilting).
Yes its sycamore, with the stripes in elm. There's been a scheme whereby the council here makes timber from felled trees available to cabinet makers and Susan makes a feature of the two woods. You'll see elm furniture with sycamore 'highlights' on some of her furniture on the web-site.

That’s rather beautiful. Dare I ask how much?
Somewhat more than a Majik, a lot less than an Akurate. The combination of the weighty unit and the 3 point equipment platforms, have transformed the sound of both digital and analogue sources in my difficult listening room. Putting it in perspective, there are people that pay more just for a plinth for their LP12's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back