MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti33er

pfm Member
Cest la vie Captain LakeWest ;-)

Thanks for the update

Hi John

Curiously, but are the MiniAmps already designed? Just at the back of the queue for pressing out?

I'm dying for replacement of my aging TAG and bland nCore, but holding out for yours ;-)

Thanks

John, do you have a front panel pcb in your collection of bits mine has died. Was giving no comms now giving nothing. Cash waiting. Or I can trade you for boots...

I struggled to find this thread. It was on Page 3. Not good enough. This thread makes life worth living.

Come on fellas.

It's PnP Machine Week!!! :cool: wOo looking forward to this, hope it will have a safe journey to the Lab...! Go John go ;-)

I struggled to find this thread. It was on Page 3. Not good enough. This thread makes life worth living.

Come on fellas.

Surely even the lowest form of wit requires some originality?

Or is this intended as self-referential, post-modern irony?

Hi Guys,

A few days ago I did start composing a short message but didn't have the time to complete.

Michangelo here since last week working on the streamer software with Jarek working on the many layers of embedded code so the tiny lab's getting a bit too crowded and sweaty...

Still much progress and little sleep - we are all working until 3.30am inn the mornings, all asking how long we can keep working like this - from the otherside of my "wall of monitors" separating Jarek and I - I keep hearing "Oh I want to kill myself" as Jarek struggles with XMOS...

I've hardly had time to get to the internet as I build the hardware - spinning our first board on the SMD machine - the trouble is the PCB was a 3 day rush job to have it intime for Michaelangelo visit, so no solder paste stencil. Instead, I've had to manually apply the solder paste... which would be a struggle but instead made near impossible with the 0.35mm pitch BGA memory causing masses of fun :(

Michangelo is scheduled to leave on Wednesday so things should quieten down to there normal pace...

Hi Guys,

A few days ago I did start composing a short message but didn't have the time to complete.

Michangelo here since last week working on the streamer software with Jarek working on the many layers of embedded code so the tiny lab's getting a bit too crowded and sweaty...

Still much progress and little sleep - we are all working until 3.30am inn the mornings, all asking how long we can keep working like this - from the otherside of my "wall of monitors" separating Jarek and I - I keep hearing "Oh I want to kill myself" as Jarek struggles with XMOS...

I've hardly had time to get to the internet as I build the hardware - spinning our first board on the SMD machine - the trouble is the PCB was a 3 day rush job to have it intime for Michaelangelo visit, so no solder paste stencil. Instead, I've had to manually apply the solder paste... which would be a struggle but instead made near impossible with the 0.35mm pitch BGA memory causing masses of fun :(

Michangelo is scheduled to leave on Wednesday so things should quieten down to there normal pace...

Wow, your poor Wife too! ;-)

Did I misunderstand, or does this mean the machine is in the Lab already ?

After a marathon week of crazy 11am to 3.30am working "days" Michelangelo's left for home - back to Italy.

We developed the software API (and confirmed the hardware links) for the communication's between the streamer PCB and DAC / System MCU.

This allows the streamer software to fully control the DAC's functions, so you will be able to control the MDAC2 from you Phone / Tablet UI.

Poor Jarek bore the brunt of the work with XMOS up to its usual crapness... We joked about keeping a score card of the number of times Jarek wanted to "just kill myself"... we got the feeling he does not like the XMOS programming environment!

There's still about a month of software polishing ahead, but the software looks really great - for those 200 or so MDAC2 / FDAC owners with streamer fitted you will have a really professional unit :)

Wow, your poor Wife too! ;-)

I'm very lucky to that Renata is so understanding!

Did I misunderstand, or does this mean the machine is in the Lab already ?

Yes the SMD machines installed in the lab, with Michelangelo's visit working on the streamer project I've not spent much time with the machine - we run one PCB, but we don't have many components on reels yet, or a solder stencil for the board so it was a slow process, but it did work very well.

We will run the first 8 Streamer boards as soon as time allows.

Great to hear of this progress ,John.
The light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to shine more brightly.👍

Brian,

Yes - it does have that feeling now :)

Rushing to complete the MDAC2 designs - but we fell everything can be out by Christmas (Detox / MDAC2 variants)...

John, I'll swap panels with misterdog and if mines fragged I'll post it over, with boots. Pm me your address please.

We developed the software API (and confirmed the hardware links) for the communication's between the streamer PCB and DAC / System MCU.

This allows the streamer software to fully control the DAC's functions, so you will be able to control the MDAC2 from you Phone / Tablet UI.
Thanks John for making this possible!
This makes the platform very flexible and gives endless possibilities for remote controlling the DAC from various devices.

But it still sound like you and Jarek will be very very busy rest of the year.

Rune,

Great to hear from you :)

Yes, its "weird" seeing the MDAC2 being controlled form a nice graphical UI, makes the MDAC2 really "professional"...

After a marathon week of crazy 11am to 3.30am working "days" Michelangelo's left for home - back to Italy.

Poor Jarek bore the brunt of the work with XMOS up to its usual crapness... We joked about keeping a score card of the number of times Jarek wanted to "just kill myself"... we got the feeling he does not like the XMOS programming environment!

There's still about a month of software polishing ahead, but the software looks really great - for those 200 or so MDAC2 / FDAC owners with streamer fitted you will have a really professional unit :)

JohnW, Jarek, Michelangelo,

Grateful for all the hard work and congratulation on getting the streamer working with MDAC2.

As far as Jarek and XMOS is concerned as long as he remains suicidal and not homicidal we should be OK :)

Nice to hear that you and your team is making progress. Still a lot to do.
To be ready (Each box is delivered to the customer) at the end of the year would be a nice Christmas gift ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back