advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand Marks question he was asking if the MDAC2 without the streamer board can decode MQA - hardware wise it can, subject to approval from Bob.

The same with the MDAC2 streamer PCB, the hardware can support MQA - but subject to Bobs approval.

Each version of MDAC2 will need its own MQA approval.

Not via HDMI - but the streamer might be ale to support some features via a DVD-A drive in the future. Our an external solution could be used to extract the Data and stored on the streamer system.

John,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my questions; I promise these will be the last ones :)

- IIRC, you mentioned some kind of daughter board for the FDAC which would allow for subwoofer connectivity. What about the MDAC2? Will it be possible to use both analogue outputs simultaneously, with the asymmetrical ones feeding the sub?

- Have I understood correctly that DSP-based room EQ will not be available on any version of the MDAC2?

Keep up the good work,
Pierre

- Have I understood correctly that DSP-based room EQ will not be available on any version of the MDAC2?

One of my main motivations for wanting the FDAC is the prospect of DSP done well. I played with the Behringer DEQ, with good success but it proved too 'opaque' when used with my main system, though is still in use in the kitchen. I'm now looking into miniDSP for the kitchen, and I am aware that my main system could do with a bit of DSP 'tweaking' to negate some unavoidable room modes, so DSP definitely appeals. I'm probably showing my ignorance of all things DSP/Digital, but could a digital 'processor loop' be implemented in the MDAC2 architecture to allow a digital in, digital out DSP unit (if such exists - the MiniDSP I have on order is analogue out only) to be added into the chain - without compromising what the MDAC2 does well.

I suspect that last sentence may be the problem...

One of my main motivations for wanting the FDAC is the prospect of DSP done well. I played with the Behringer DEQ, with good success but it proved too 'opaque' when used with my main system, though is still in use in the kitchen. I'm now looking into miniDSP for the kitchen, and I am aware that my main system could do with a bit of DSP 'tweaking' to negate some unavoidable room modes, so DSP definitely appeals. I'm probably showing my ignorance of all things DSP/Digital, but could a digital 'processor loop' be implemented in the MDAC2 architecture to allow a digital in, digital out DSP unit (if such exists - the MiniDSP I have on order is analogue out only) to be added into the chain - without compromising what the MDAC2 does well.

I suspect that last sentence may be the problem...
You should really look at Roon it might be able to do exactly the DSP functions you want as long as it is not the active speakers / active cross over thing.
And RoonBridge the client part of Roon will run on the MDAC2 streamer board :cool:

I'm probably showing my ignorance of all things DSP/Digital, but could a digital 'processor loop' be implemented in the MDAC2 architecture to allow a digital in, digital out DSP unit (if such exists [...]

Yes, it does (DDRC-22D), but it's limited to 24/96 and relatively expensive, maybe more than the difference in costs between MDAC2 and FDAC...

You should really look at Roon it might be able to do exactly the DSP functions you want as long as it is not the active speakers / active cross over thing.
And RoonBridge the client part of Roon will run on the MDAC2 streamer board :cool:

Maybe, but I really don't think it will be possible to interface the MDAC2 with a measurement microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back